Chapter 8

Friday.

Chris and Eve were hanging out at Chris' place. Chris had his headphones plugged into his laptop and was listening to potential remix ideas that Ricky had sent him. So far, they were all pretty good. Chris liked them.

Eve was laying on her stomach and opposite of Chris -as in, her head was at the foot of the bed and her feet were near the pillows. Her bare feet were in the air -her white shoes were on the floor somewhere -with her ankles crossed. She had her sketch book, pencils, and camera; and everything else was in her messenger bag which was also on the floor somewhere -probably the same place her shoes were.

Despite the cold weather, Eve had a short-sleeved knee length teal dress with white polka-dots on; with a white sash that tied around into a bow in the front; and four white buttons went up her chest. The dress was riding up slightly - this time on purpose - showing off the tattoo on her thigh a bit.

Eve had a few bracelets on her wrists, and her mother's silver cross necklace around her neck. She, as usual, wore no makeup or nail polish - not that she needed it. Her curly brown hair had been in a bun when she arrived, but she'd since taken it down. Her hair now hung over her shoulders and the scrunchie she'd originally used to hold her hair up was now around her right wrist. She had a few rings on her fingers today as well.

Eve was sketching, when she suddenly got an idea. She turned to her side and pulled her dress up a bit more so her tattoo was more visible. She pulls her camera out and aims it at her leg with a pair of tattooed arms in the background, then snaps a shot.

"You better not be taking pictures of me." Chris says not looking up from his laptop.

"Oh, relax, your hair is in your face." Eve says, going back to her stomach.

Chris shuts his laptop and sets it down He moves so he is now also laying on his stomach next to Eve at the foot of the bed. He looks over Eve's shoulder at her drawing in awe. It just looked so...real.

"The old house." Chris states as he realized what Eve was drawing. It was the house near their secret hiding place.

"It looks so real." Chris continues.

Eve smiles, "Thank you. I used a picture I took of it on my camera as a reference."

That often made Chris wonder how often she drew him or the two of them together. Eve was always taking pictures of them. Chris never asked about it though.

Eve sighs, then looks to Chris next to her, "I wish I could just stay here." She comments, "Or that I could at least come here without worrying so much."

"You really just wanna be free, don't you?" Chris asks, taking her hand.

Eve squeezes his hand, "Yeah." She exhales before going back to her sketch.

Chris sits up on his knees and thinks a minute.

"Hey, you wanna run away together?"

Eve blinks. She sets her pencil down and sits up to face Chris.

"What?"

"Not permanently or anything. Just for a weekend or something." Chris says, pulling Eve to him so that she was then straddling him, "Some time when I'm not on tour and you aren't in school. Do you wanna just...run away together?"

A smile slowly makes its way across Eve's face, "I'd love to run away with you some day." She says.

"Or, you know, we could just do it now."

God, to run away with Chris. It would be so amazing to...Maybe she could...No, she couldn't. She wanted to, but she couldn't.

"You know I can't." Eve says, "But we will some day." She says with a smile.