Chapter 11

Tour was fantastic, especially this time around.

Performing was almost like a therapy session for Chris. He got to get out all of his angst and sadness. Performing got Chris's mind off of reality for a while. It kept him distracted. When Chris was on stage with an audience before him, everything that had happened back in Scranton almost seemed non-existent; they were off in another lifetime.

However, when Chris wasn't on stage...he nearly drove himself completely mad each day. He was sad and depressed but over all, angry. Chris constantly tortured himself by flipping through the pages of Eve's sketch book and reading the words of her letter over and over again, wishing that he'd never even met her. Chris hated this; he hated her...but he still loved her...It was extremely difficult.

Eventually, the off-stage pain became too much...

And Chris did something pretty interesting as a result.

Make that, did someone.

Chris opened his eyes, in his hotel room. He was in the UK with Motionless. They'd been to Europe a few weeks before, and would be in the UK a while longer before going back home. Chris didn't want to go home though. He didn't wnat to risk seeing her again.

Chris rolls over and his eyes widen. This had to be a dream. The blankets went up to her waist, covering her bottom half. She was sleeping on her stomach, her bare back exposed. Her tangled mess of curls were spread about...This had to be a dream...

But then Chris started to notice it...

This girl's hair was a bit shorter than Eve's, and she didn't have as many freckles on her face; and she didn't have the tattoos...

That was because this girl wasn't Eve.

She just looked like Eve.

A lot like Eve.

Chris mentally facepalmed as he began to remember. This girl was a VIP at the concert last night. They started off talking, then next thing Chris knew, they were making out in his hotel room. This girl looked just enough like Eve that for a couple of hours, Chris could pretend that she was.

Chris reached over to look at the time on his phone. Luckily, it was only about 9:15. However, the guys were texting him, asking where he was. Chris messaged them back saying he'd be down at breakfast in a few minutes.

Chris glanced at the sleeping girl next to him, then slowly began to creep out of the bed, so not to wake her.

Chris then threw on his boxers and went over to his open suitcase laying on the floor. He grabbed the first pair of black skinny jeans he could find and quickly began to put them on as fast as he could. He wanted to get out of here and forget about last night; not that he could remember most of it anyway - he'd pretty much blacked out.

Chris then began to search for a shirt.

"Why in such a 'urry?" A female British accent asks from behind Chris.

Chris stiffens, then sighs, defeated. He turns around, Nine Inch Nails shirt in hand, to see the girl in his bed sitting up with the sheets covering her chest and her blue eyes - who would have guessed? - on Chris.

The girl snickers, "Your makeup is a bit smeared there, love."

Her accent was pretty thick. Chris remembered her t's and h's being silent among other things in most words when she spoke. Her voice was lower than Eve's...

"You sor' of look like a depressed circus clown." The girl continues, "So...where you 'eaded?" She asks.

"Um...My friends are wondering where I am." Chris says before putting his shirt on.