The Immaculate Misconception - Prologue

He didn't know much about her.

Hell, he didn't even know her name, but she was single handedly one of the most stunningly beautiful girls he'd ever laid his eyes on. Of course, Chris wasn't one to judge a book by its cover, but God, she was gorgeous. He wouldn't normally think this way of a girl like her, but for some reason, he totally was this time.

She had perfect rosy peach skin, and many freckles dotted a random pattern on her face. Her sky blue eyes were always looking through the thick black glasses she wore, or contacts. She was always either typing on her laptop with her perfectly manicured nails, looking through the big camera she always carried with the strap around her neck, or looking down into a notebook or sketch book as she worked in it.

She always had this tan, leather messenger bag around her. In it were her plain laptop with no stickers or cover; her big, thick, black sketch book; many pens and pencils and notebooks, and numerous folders. She also almost always had a big camera with her, strapped around her neck. She always looked busy, and in a hurry.

Her long, tangled mess of brown, curly hair either hung over her shoulders, or was piled messily into a bun or ponytail. Chris could never get a super close look at her, but from what he could see, she never wore makeup. She never wore nail polish either.

Her attire always consisted of dresses and skirts with oversized sweaters over them usually. Chris never once saw her in pants or shorts or leggings. He'd also never seen her in a dress or skirt higher than knee length. They were always at least knee length, if not longer. And she was almost always wearing ankle-high boots with a small heel. She also wore subtle jewelry. Small earrings, bracelets, and she was always wearing a necklace with what looked like a charm of a cross on it...

She wasn't always wearing her glasses, but she was most of the time. She was also a bit clumsy. She was always carrying so many things at a time, and stumbling to keep them all together.

The first time Chris saw her was a day like any other. He was with the guys, and they were getting coffee to go. As they approached the coffee shop, the girl was on her way out. Chris had held the door open for her and she'd walked - or stumbled, rather - out. She'd thanked him, then walked off with Chris' eyes following her. His friends knew right away that Chris was attracted to her.

Chris normally wouldn't remember just any random face on the street, but he remembered hers. He began to recognize her more and more often. She was always covered up. She never rolled up the sleeves of her sweaters; and if she wasn't wearing a sweater, her dresses were never super tight or revealing. She looked...conservative.

It makes you question why Chris would take interest in a girl like her. She didn't seem like his "type"; but remember, never judge a book by its cover. Somewhere deep down, Chris knew there was more to her.

How? Well, this girl had started to notice him more and more often as well. What really stuck out about her was that she didn't look at Chris as most girls like her would. Most girls like her would look at guys like Chris with a sort of disgust; as if Chris were Lucifer himself. This girl, however, looked at Chris with a sort of...interest.

That was what really got Chris intrigued; the way she looked at him.

Whenever Chris saw her, she was often taking a picture of something with her big camera. Other times, she was drawing in her sketch book. Sometimes she was writing in a notebook or doing something on her laptop.

The places he saw her most were at the local Starbucks or Sheetz. Other times, he saw her in the park, or walking somewhere. She was always walking. She also always seemed to be distracted. Chris often wondered what went on in that pretty head of hers.