Chapter 21

A few days later.

The rest of the weekend was amazing. It was great for Chris and Eve to be able to be together and hold each other and make love without a single care in the world. No worries about limiting themselves due to Eve's injuries because she no longer had any; no worries about their time together being cut short because of Paul or Eve's classes or any other reason. It was one of the best experiences in the world.

Chris awoke to an empty bed. They were home now, and Chris' focus was now mostly on the up coming tours and events headed his way. It was a lot of everyone's focus now, actually.

Chris sat up and stretched, giving a small grunt as he did so. He relaxes, then throws the covers aside. He puts on his boxers, then decides to go hunt for Eve. He was used to having to do so now.

Chris walked into Eve's studio, and it was seriously a scene straight out of 'The Notebook'.

The only thing covering Eve were the sheets that she'd wrapped around herself. Her hair lay down and over her shoulders and she seemed to be very focused on a painting. It looked almost finished...

It was outdoors. Eve at the moment was painting the details of the sky. The center focus of the painting was a girl who appeared to be crying. She was on her knees and her face was in her hands. In front of her was what appeared to be a tombstone that simply read "Mother". At first glance, that's all there is...But if you look closely, you can make out the silhouette of a woman with her hand on the girl's back, almost as if the ghost of the mother had returned to comfort her daughter. The "ghost" blended in with the background almost perfectly. It gave Chris chills.

"Woah." Chris says.

Eve looks over her shoulder at Chris, then looks back at her painting.

"Are you saying that because you like the painting or because I'm only wearing sheets?"

"The painting. It's beautiful." Chris says, "Although the fact that you're naked under those sheets is pretty fantastic too."

Eve laughs.

"What's the painting for?" Chris continues.

"A client. He wants to give it to his sister as a gift. Their mother just died and she's taking it pretty hard. He thinks it'll make her feel better. Sort of a way of saying she'll always be here for them." Eve says, "It reminds me of my mom...I really do think things with my dad and I would be better if she were still around."

"Do you ever miss your dad?" Chris asks.

Eve doesn't answer. She just sets her brush down and her hands in her lap.

"It's okay if you do." Chris adds.

Eve sighs, "I do...We did have some good times before everything happened. Although I'm not quite sure if I miss him, or those memories...I just wish he would accept me for who I am and we could get along like we used to."

There's a pause as Chris lets this sink in. He thinks...

"I'm gonna go jump in the shower." Chris says, "I've got some last minute errands to do before tour. You just stay here and finish up. It looks great. If I'm not back before you go to your classes then have a good day and I'll see you when you get back."

He kisses Eve's cheek and murmurs a quick 'love you' before walking out.

x

Chris simply put on a white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black skinny jeans. He didn't put on much makeup - only a light foundation and he filled in his eyebrows. He straightened his hair as well, then decided to head out.