Chapter 18

"Huh?"

"I like you, Yuri-ah," Junkyu smiled.

Yuri didn't know what to say. She thought of him as a very good friend, and that he was really cute, but that was all. She never thought that he would confess!

"Oh, really? Um...well-I uh..."

"You don't have to answer now, take your time. I just had to get it off my chest, cuz it's been bugging me since weeks."

"Junkyu, I'm flattered. But I don't think of you the same way," she mumbled, making Junkyu look down.

"I guess I knew that too, but now it'll help me get over you after getting rejected," he muttered under his breath, "Please tell me I haven't ruined our friendship!"

Yuri shook her head, "Oh no, no, I'm really sorry I made you feel like this..." She hugged him, and gently patted his back. 

Junkyu smiled weakly and said, "Good night, Yuri-ah." He walked away even  before Yuri could wish him the same.

That night Yuri went to bed worried about Junkyu, and didn't sleep well. It was also because she was feeling guilty about another thing: she liked somebody else.

-----

The next morning, everybody went down to breakfast, and Jisoo explained what they would have to do.

"If during the execution of our plan, any one of you happen to meet Jiwon, DON'T look at his eyes. He has the power to manipulate, and that works only if you make eye contact with him. Understood?"

They all nodded. After breakfast, Asahi sat down with his spell book, and looked for a way to increase Jeongwoo's power, in a manner that would help him stay connected with Jisoo even if she is far from him.

Meanwhile, Jihoon went to check on Yuri. 

"Hey, you okay?"

Yuri shrugged. She wasn't scared, just nervous.

"Don't worry, we'll be just behind, and besides, Jisoo noona is gonna be with you all the time!"

He gave her warm smile, which made her smile too.

Asahi found the spell he was looking for, and tried it on Jeongwoo. The latter said, "Are you sure it worked? I don't feel anything at all!"

Asahi answered, "Do you even know what patience is? Stop being so hyper!"

-----

"Come on, Yuri-ah. It's time to go," called Jisoo, looking at Yuri.

Hesitantly, she entered the forest, and could no longer see Jisoo. Halfway through the woods, nothing special happened. It was since then that Yuri started feeling like somebody was constantly following her. She ignored the feeling, thinking that it was probably because of Jisoo.

Suddenly, she heard sticks snapping behind her, and she turned around to find Ms. Lee walking towards her, with an unusual calm expression. 

"Hi, Yuri! So you came, huh?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"I believe you know the reason."

Yuri tried to persuade her by saying, "But your life is in danger if you keep on working with Jiwon-ssi. He will-" But Ms. Lee interrupted her.

"Shut up, you don't know anything! Just come with me!"

"You're making a big mistake Ms. Lee!" Yuri looked around to see if Jisoo was going to appear, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for your new friend, huh?" chuckled Ms. Lee, her eyes sparkling a terrifying blue.

Yuri gasped, but didn't lose hope. She tried to use her powers on Ms. Lee, but she was too late. The woman had already covered her nose with a handkerchief, and a sweet smell followed...

-----

"Yah, Jeongwoo, stop nagging!" snapped Jaehyuk.

Jeongwoo frowned, "I'm not nagging, I've not gotten a message from Jisoo noona yet, so I'm just worried."

Hyunsuk assured him, "It's ok, maybe they're not there yet."

"Then they must be snails!" said Haruto, sarcastically.

Yoshi instantly replied, "Hey, snails aren't that slow!"

"Oh god, stop arguing for goodness' sake!" shouted Jihoon.

They were almost at the spot where Yuri met Ms. Lee, when Junghwan noticed something weird sticking out of the bushes, and went over to check.

"Hyung! COME HERE AT ONCE!"

The others rushed towards him to see what happened. They were not in the least prepared for what they saw next...

Jisoo was lying in the middle of all the greenery, with a recent bruise on her forehead...