Chapter 24

Harry's birthday party was a blast. He had invited Daphne, Tracey, Theo, Blaise, Neville, Hermione, Susan, Hannah, Terry and Fred and George round, and they had spent the day playing tag, quidditch, snacking and enjoying the sunshine. At 6 that evening, most of his guests left, and the four Slytherins were staying for a sleepover.

Harry had gotten mostly books for his birthday, although Minerva had given him a record player, knowing he loved muggle music. That evening, Harry and his friends were dancing and singing along to music, when a sudden pop was heard in the room. As if on cue, the record suddenly slowed down and stopped, and the five turned towards the creature that looked so weak and pitiful in front of them.

"Who are you?" Harry asked. The creature started hitting himself, as if punishing himself for doing something wrong.

"Hang on a second!" Theo said, "That's Dobby. He's the Malfoys elf. What's he doing here?"

Harry looked curiously at the elf, who was whimpering in the corner.

"What're you here for, Dobby? Did your masters send you?" His voice was cold, and the room almost felt like it dropped in temperature.

"N...No, Harry Potter. Dobby come here to warn Harry Potter. Harry Potter must not come to Hogwarts next year."

"And why is that, Dobby? Does Malfoy just want to make a fool of me?"

"Dobby cannot say. Dobby here against masters orders. Harry Potter must promise to not come back to Hogwarts."

"No. Hogwarts was my first home. I will be going back. Now, would you kindly leave us alone? I am trying to enjoy my birthday." Harry's hands were clenched tightly, and Dobby popped out without another sound.

Harry let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and he turned back to the others. The room seemed to be warming up.

"Sorry about that. I think that was just Malfoy trying to make a fool out of me. Where were we?" Harry said.

"Uhm... Harry. That wasn't a joke. A house elf wouldn't behave like that if he had been sent by his owner. He looked genuinely scared. If the Malfoy's found out....." Daphne trailed off.

Harry cursed under his breath.

"Whatever he was talking about we can find out on our own. We don't need his help. Blaise start the record again, will you?" Harry said, grabbing one of Minervas hairbrush's. He didn't notice the glance the other four shared between them, or the lack of enthusiasm as they went back to their party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lucius, I have returned." Voldemort in Charles' body entered Malfoy Manor, and his voice echoed all around. Lucius felt his dark mark sting, as he dropped the quill he was using.

"Come and Greet your master. You have evaded capture, you renounced me, you did all you could to get away from me. But now you will pay for your deception. Bring me your child."

Draco and Lucius bowed in front of the face of their master.

"Young Malfoy, you shall see what happens to traitors. It would do well for you to remember what would happen. You shall not betray me when you enter my services at 16. It shall make a good birthday present, don't you think. Crucio!"

Neither Lucius nor Draco were expecting the spell, and Draco looked on in horror as Voldemort took full glee in torturing his servant. Lucius was writhing with pain on the ground.

After thirty seconds, He finally stopped. Lucius lay on the ground, moaning and groaning in pain. Voldemort clicked his fingers, and a house elf came and took the body away.

"Now, young Malfoy, I have a job for you. Failure is not an option. Get this diary to any first year in Hogwarts."

Draco took the diary, head bowed so Voldemort could not see his fear.

"Now get out of my sight." Draco took leave and rushed out of the room to check on his father. Unbeknownst to any of them, Dobby had been watching the whole time.

"The diary, master? What is the diary for?" Charles asked, hidden behind the hood of the cloak that he wore.

"It shall be used as a vessel for me to get a body. The soul of the one who writes will be sucked out of them... so slowly. It's much more fun that way, wouldn't you agree? The diary will be added to a potion which you will brew, allowing me to regain a body. It will also allow me to finish something I started in my teen years. The Chamber of Secrets will be open again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So.... we have a teacher called Mr. Dobby.... I'm just gonna leave that there. He's like the most undobby like person ever.

"Lay your head on me
As I fall to sleep
Put your arms around me
Stay here by my side
We're The Lucky Ones
Only just begun
Others leave too young
But we're The Lucky Ones"
     -The Lucky Ones, Jack and Tim