Chapter 12

Harry James Potter went down to the great hall then next morning, and was not surprised to see a lack of a defence against the dark arts teachers. He caught eyes with his father's godmother who smirked slightly and gave a single nod. He smiled and proceeded to sit down with his friends. He had told them briefly what he had discussed with the Gryffindor Head, but refrained from telling them exactly what was going to happen until he did. He started putting some food on his plate, when the headmaster stood up.

"Please May I have your attention. As you may have noticed, Professor Quirrell is not here with us this morning. He has unfortunately passed dealing with something on the third floor corridor. By tomorrow, the corridor will once more be open." The elderly headmaster sat down once more as everyone turned to their meals again, likely speculating what had happened. Harry looked at the head table and saw McGonagall hold up her wand and waved the number ten in the air. Harry gave a single nod and McGonagall put her wand away.

At ten o clock after breakfast, Harry went to his father's godmothers office and knocked the door. Less than five seconds later, she was ushering him in and gave him a warm hug once the door was closed. Harry hesitated a second before allowing himself to hug back. They sat down together, each on one side of a student table. McGonagall set up a few privacy wards before relating to Harry what happened.
"We went down there, waited for him for quite a while Harry. When he finally arrived he was definitely shocked to see the four of us. We had our wands at him, all of us expecting a great fight. However, as you may have gathered from your..... interesting defence against the dark arts lessons, Quirrell is not the best duellist. We easily overpowered him, and captured him securely in ropes. However, what we did not expect was a soul like creature to come out. He turned toward us, his eyes were blood shot red." Here Professor Mcgongall shivered. Harry glanced down quickly, seeing her hand on the table, placed his over hers. She looked into his eyes and saw the same passion and fire that she had seen when she had helped lily with her sister. She had to make it through, for him, for lily and for her godson.
"It was You-Know-Who Harry."

Harry sat up shocked. Ideas were circulons around his head. Voldemort wasn't dead. So he must've been using Quirrells body when his was destroyed. Voldemort wants to be immortal. He couldn't have gotten here unnoticed. Dumbledore must've known. Why did Dumbledore keep the stone here with Voldemort here?! He could've become dangerous and harmed the students.

"Harry?" Mcgongall asked likely, snapping him out of his thoughts.
"Sorry Professor," he said, blushing lightly.
"It's alright Harry." Minerva said, knowing that it is sometimes hard to not lose yourself in thought.
"Harry - I would like to ask you something. But it's..... I understand If you would not like to talk about it." Harry nodded gently, already knowing where this was going.
"I have been speaking with Amelia Bones - the head of the DMLE..... I'm assuming you know what that is?" Harry nodded again, this time more powerfully. He and his friends often spent time talking about politics, and Harry was extremely passionate and open about his views, at least with his Slytherin friends. He was neutral, but leaning towards the light, like daphne and Tracey's family. Blaise and Theo's Family were more dark, with Theo's being more active in the dark, although that was due to his father. Harry knew that Theo did not support his ideals. He knew he could go into politics if he wanted, but he wouldn't like to work in the ministry. Ironically, he didn't like the politics of going to work in the ministry.
"She has asked me to ask you for some photos and memories of what the Dursley's did to you? Can you do that please Harry?" McGonagall smiled encouragingly towards Harry. Harry blinked away the tear that had started to form behind his eyes. It wasn't just the smile, it was the warmth behind her voice when she said his name, the tear that appeared when she thought of him being in trouble, she wanted him. And Harry, Harry wasn't used to it. But if the warm bubbly feeling was anything to go by, he could get used to it. He looked up at the professor and gave her a soft hug.
"I'll do it."

The next few hours were spent taking a few pictures of Harry's bruises on his back and neck, and Harry retrieving some memories. He, in no way at all, liked rewatching his memories of his uncle, but he knew he had to. They also called in Madame pomfrey to do a medical checkup for Harry, and what they saw on the sheet had each witch cursing in rage, although they would never admit it to anyone else. Harry had had multiple broken bones and two unhealed concussions. He was also severely malnourished, which was obvious by looking at him. Minerva had poppy start to reheal some of his old wound, as she called Amelia bones in to take the evidence.
"Mr. Potter we have sufficient evidence here to definitely remove you from the Dursley's and have, at the very least, mr Dursley arrested. The only question is your guardian." Minerva interrupted the witch.
"If Harry.... If Harry doesn't mind I would like to become his guardian." Harry looked up at Minerva. He was slightly confused, then remembered that she was his god grandmother. Honestly - he would love to live with the transfiguration Professor.
"I would like that Professor." He whispered softly. Minerva nodded happily.
"That's very good. The Potters' Will was sealed before it could be executed but as I witnessed it with.... him..... I know that you were a candidate for looking after mr. Potter." Amelia said. Harry looked up at her.
"You knew my parents?" Harry asked. In two days he had found two links to his parents that he didn't even knew existed.
"I have to go now, but I shall come visit you over the summer and I shall tell you all about your parents." Harry smiled and gave the young woman a hug.
"Now Harry I assume your friends will be wondering where you are, and lunch is soon. I shall let you know what Amelia come back to me." Harry nodded, and was surprised when he was given a soft hug by the witch. He hesitated a moment before hugging back.

After he left poppy set up some privacy wards and shut the door.
"Minerva do you know what a horcrux is?"

But that's just a fiction, a fanfiction. Thanks for reading.