Chapter 25

The rest of the holiday passed without much more trouble for Harry and his friends - Dobby had not been sighted again, although Theo saw him again when visiting the Malfoy family with his Mother. Neville and Susan had visited Minerva and Harry a few more times, as well as the reverse, and soon they had plans to set in motion once they returned to school.

Soon it was the final day before Hogwarts started again.

"Please, Please can they come over for a sleep over!" Harry begged Minerva.

"You'll miss the train in the morning! You'll stay up late tonight, miss your alarm set tomorrow, and then miss the train! We can't have the Head of Gryffindor's child be late to school, can we?" Minerva's back was towards Harry as she was organising her papers to take with her to school tomorrow. It was a good thing for Minerva, or else Harry would be able to see her large smile.

"Maybe they'll think you sabotaged Slytherin." Harry shot back.

"As if I would ever do such a petty thing!" Minerva said, turning back towards Harry.

"Well... all rumours have an ounce of truth in them, don't they?" Harry winked at his guardian, who spluttered for a moment.

"Yes Harry, you can have your friends over." Harry smiled, hugging Minerva, then left to go floo all of his friends.

At 7pm, Daphne, Tracey, Theo, Blaise, Neville, Susan, Hannah, Hermione (who had had a letter written to her, allowing her to come), Terry, Padma and Parvati arrived at the Cottage, and the evening was spent playing games, and eating food. At 1 am, they all dropped off, with a sleugh of mattresses, blankets and pillows covering one of the empty guest rooms across from Harry's room.

The next morning, a loud bell woke the group up, at 8 am sharp. It seemed to Harry that his Aunt had anticipated them not waking up on time - and so had told the house elves to make sure they were awake while she was leaving for urgent business. Harry also noticed how Blaise and Theo were suspiciously closer together than they had seemed to be last night... but he brushed it off and helped them all wake up, the sleep in their eyes being rubbed off, and the group drearily pakced up their stuff, got ready and ate breakfast.

By 10, they were all ready and waiting by the floo. Padma had suggested they floo now, while the station was less busy, but Parvati, who was snuggling under a blanket, wanted to stay at the cottage until they absolutely had to. A compromised 10:30 had been decided, and before they knew it, the kids - bar Harry - were saying goodbye to their guardians, and climbing aboard the Hogwarts Express.

The journey was filled with greeting old friends who they had not seen since the end of the last year, and glaring at old enemies, who they wished they didn't have to see for another year. Harry noticed Draco looking upright, he looked a lot older than he did at the end of the previous year, and he couldn't help but admit that he felt a sense of worry creeping up inside of him. As much as he didn't like Draco, there was a part of him that knew what is was like to grow up much to early, and he didn't want anyone else to go through what he did.

Soon, the sorting began. He noticed an excitable looking boy who kept glancing over him get sorted into gryffindor, and a dreamy looking girl get sorted into ravenclaw. The last sorting was Ginny Weasley, cluthcing a black worn looking book, and who Harry had spoken to on the train. She seemed slightly lost for words, but the twins and Harry had made her feel a lot more comfortable, and Harry had noticed a certain threatening stance she held over Fred and George. When she got sorted into Gryffindor, Harry clapped and prompty stopped clapping when the Headmaster came up to the podium to speak. Harry immediately zoned out, thinking of the year ahead... He even missed Dumbledore introducing the new professor, though for some reason, he looked as though he would be as incompetent as a five year old, and spend more time making sure he looked good than actually teaching. It was the golden hair and sparkling white teeth that gave it away... that and Professor Snapes glare at him made him sure that this new professor was unlikeable.

Soon, the feast was laid upon the table, and it felt as though almost no time at all had passed, and they were walking back to the dungeons.

Harry flopped onto his bed.
"It feels good to be back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh exams and school are awful. Like why do I need to spend my entire weekend doing revision and homework! its not fair...

Speaking of school - I want to try something that I haven't seen any other books do. Since this chapter marks the start of Second year, I think there should be a house competition with you folks in the comment. Each chapter will have a question or multiple questions - and the first ten people to put it right and WRITE DOWN THEIR HOGWARTS HOUSE (no hybrid houses) - the first answer will get ten points, the second ninth and the rest going down. (ps Tom - I'm only accepting slytherin as a valid house from you). Each chapter, I will post the points from each house - and the winning house will be the house that wins in the story - good luck folks

1) On what day was the Battle of Hogwarts?

G: 0
H: 0
R: 0
S: 0