chapter three

It's the next day and Haley and Nathan are lying in her bed while Megan is sitting on the floor, playing with the two stuffed animals she took to the game last night.

"So if my parents come home, I'm gonna act like I have amnesia, so don't freak out if I pretend not to know you or Megan." Haley says and Nathan laughs a bit.

"Look, I think I should get back to the madness." Nathan says and Haley groans, hating that he has to leave. "But hey, if I could, I'd stay like this all day. Plus, there's only so much of Megan's stuff in that diaper bag."

"Okay." Haley kisses him before they both sit up. "Nathan, about last night..."

"Hey, look it's not about sex with me, okay? When you're ready, I'll be too." Nathan tells her.

"Come here." Haley kisses him before lying back down.

Nathan gets everything before picking Megan up.

"Okay, you little princess. Time to go back home where all your toys are." Nathan says. "Say bye to Haley." He lightly waves Megan's arm up and down before she waves at Haley by herself.

"Oh, and thank you for watching her last night. And letting her stay." Nathan tells his girlfriend.

"Of course." Haley smiles.

+++

Nathan gets home after school and picking Megan up from Olivia's house. He's talking to Megan, getting her to giggle, but stops talking when he finds his bag in the kitchen.

"Hey. How you feeling, son?" Dan asks as Nathan walks into the kitchen.

"Okay. What's my bag doing here?" Nathan asks.

"Well, I packed some things for you." Dan tells him.

"Dad, I'm not gonna move to the beach house." Nathan says.

"You're not gonna have to, we'll work this out." Dan assures him.

"Well then what's this?" Nathan asks, pointing to the bag.

"You and I are going away for the weekend." Dan informs.

"Are you kidding?"

"I already cleared it with your mom. I've got your golf clubs in the back of the car, we've got a 9 am tee-time."

"Dad, you can't just spring things on me like this, all right? I had plans this weekend."

"I know you do, with me."

"What am I supposed to do with Megan?"

"Drop the little stink off at Olivia's for the weekend. I'm sure she won't mind."

"Olivia is her babysitter. She's not supposed to wait on her hand and foot 24/7."

"She does it 5 days out of the week and when you have parties. Why is this different?" Dan asks, walking out.

Nathan sighs, upset. Megan holds onto his face and tries to squish his cheeks. Megan holds air in her mouth so her cheeks look bigger than they already are making Nathan chuckle a tiny bit.