Adrien's Suspicion

Previously on In the End... 

 Chloe smirked. "Have fun in there!"

And poor Lila was pounding on the door, begging to be let out for hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrien stood up and carried her bridal style. Even if he wasn't Cat Noir, he still thought of her as light. He would save any damsel in distress as long as they didn't lie to him.

Jumping around from rooftop to rooftop during an evening patrol, he saw Lila sitting by herself, underneath a light post.

He landed down in front of her on his feet. "Hello there, Ms. Are you alright?"

She swung her arms around his shoulders.

And he blushed.

"Oh, Cat Noir! An akuma was after me and Ladybug failed to show up! Can you help me?" she asked all innocently.

He pulled her towards him and allowed his staff to lift them up in the air. He set her in a safe place and looked all over for the akuma.

Nothing.

He took that as Ladybug had purified the akuma. So he went back for Lila who was still sitting and holding her leg."Ow, my leg hurts."

"I'll get you to a hospital."

"Hospitals don't help me! Only you can!"

He hesitated. "The doctors won't hurt you. I promise." he lifted her up and brought her to a hospital. Soon after she was with the doctors, he winked at her and leaped off to do some more patrolling.

He looked down at her ears. Those reminded him of Ladybug's earrings. Maybe Plagg could answer this one. He saw who Ladybug was when it came to the Dark Owl. He looked down at her with a gentle smile.

"Don't just stand there like an idiot! Let's get her to the nurse!"

Adrien turned pink in embarrassment. He followed Chloe to the nurse who was so proud of herself. Strutting with pride.

And thankfully no one else was around.

They would arrive in under thirty seconds.

The nurse looked at the limp girl in Adrien's arms. "Oh. Oh my. What happened here?" she had on a light blue uniform with typical sneakers. The nurse eyed the girl.

"I don't know. I wasn't there to see what had happened!" the blond set her down on one of the beds.

She grunted softly in pain.

"Where did you find her?" the nurse asked, getting out a few items to check up on her. "And does she have any family at home right now?"

Chloe pointed to herself. "Adrien and I found her, but it was mainly me who saved the day."

The nurse rolled her eyes. She lifted up Marinette's wrist, which was starting to turn purple.

"I believe she does have family right now. Her mom and dad live in the bakery."

"Ew. Commoner food."

"Chloe, you have eaten a macaroon from there and enjoyed it."

Chloe elbowed his stomach.

It did nothing to him.

"Is she going to be okay?" the blond asked with a worried tone of his voice.

"I can't possibly see how she fainted from a simple twist of her wrist. Though, she'll need to have that cast so that it will heal normally." the nurse walked to some backroom to gather some cast that was temporary until Marinette's parents would arrive and bring her to a doctor. She dialed up the phone number to the bakery.

"Marinette.." he turned back to see her.

She looked small laying there.

He grabbed her hand where it didn't hurt her. Or at least tried. "Are you Ladybug?.."

"Her, Ladybug?" Chloe laughed so hard the whole school could probably hear her.

"And if she is?"

She scoffed at that idea.

"Her parents will be here shortly. You two should head back to class. I don't want any of you to miss class and end up having to stay after school."

Adrien didn't want to go.

Chloe tugged on his arm. "Let's go!"

"Look out for a girl named Lila! She hurt Marinette!"

The nurse nodded.

LBCNLBCN

As soon as Lila got out of the janitor's closet, she clenched her fist. "I hate those goody two shoes!" she threw a broom to the side and pushed one of the janitors who had let her out.

She marched towards the main entrance. No one else was really around.

And Adrien. How dare he help that little crap. She smirked to herself. If she could just tell Adrien that this girl was Ladybug, she could have him all to herself. And possibly get that Kagami girl to lay off of him. She laughed evilly.

The few people who still around gave her concerned looks.

Boy oh boy. Lila was in for it the next time she went to school. Mr. Damocles would have a serious talking to her.