🦋안녕🦋

<GOODBYE>

Byeongin

Tears streaming down on my face uncontrollably while reading the letter. I couldn't believe she left somewhere without telling me. I decided not to tell anyone about it because I thought she must be with Soyoung so atleast she's not alone. I went for searching for her and Soyoung. I got message that the guards found Soyoung's location. I hurried towards that direction.

I hope that you are safe Hwayoung ah........

I noticed that some of my guards were trying to kill Soyoung. Father must have ordered them. I couldn't find Hwayoung. She was not with Soyoung. The guards started to attack Soyoung. I decided to help her by turning back to my father.

I was fighting with almost 10 people alone. I told her to run away if she wants to save her life. I was about to get stabbed but someone came from nowhere in between me and the sword.
He was facing his back towards me so I couldn't see him.
He pulled his sword as he started to fight with the person who was trying to stab me.

I couldn't see his face since it was covered with a mask but I had a familiar feeling. I didn't had time to think about it so I focused on fighting.

While Soyoung was still standing there instead of leaving. That guy was protecting Soyoung.

I noticed that he was stuck in the middle. The guard pulled his mask. But he was hiding his face with one hand and fighting with another. He failed to block the sword as it pierced into his stomach.

As soon as that happened he removed his hand holding his stomach. My eyes widened.

Hwayoung......

FLASHBACK

Hwayoung

I got a chance to get out of the palace. Lady Jung gave me a fake name tag which would help me to get out. I was wearing men's clothing.

While leaving I saw a large group of people. I decided to check out what's happening. Then suddenly somebody asked me about my identity so I showed the tag. They pulled me along with them.

They turned out to be the people training for getting position in the royal guard. I ended up joining them because I had no option.

LAST NIGHT

I decided to leave with the guards so I could spy them. I was able to hide my identity for a long time. I never thought that one decision I told weeks ago would help me. I knew how to fight so I can atleast save myself.

PRESENT

"Hwayoung-ah", I heard Byeongin shout as I fell on the ground.

I did my best to save you guys.....

Byeongin came running towards me as he placed his hand on my wound to stop the bleeding. I could taste blood in my mouth.

"Hwayoung-ah, why.......Why are you doing this?", Byeongin shouted as he carried me in his arms while unnie was helping him.

"Hwayoung-ah, don't close your eyes", unnie said.

"I'm really sorry, my love", I placed my lips on his for the very last time.

Slowly I felt there was no strength left in my body. I closed my eyes. I heard Byeongin and unnie crying for me.

I do have somebody to cry for me.....

"She is having a heart attack"

"Nurse, call the doctor"

"She opened her eyes"

Wait.......
Am I alive.....?