Part 4 - Training With Magic

Malthus: *puts his hands in the air and lava pillars emerge from his hands* AWAKEN ZOEFLARE!

The volcano produces a lot of smoke and eventually a burst of fire comes out, followed by a phoenix flying out of it while screaming.

Zoeflare: I CAN STILL FLYYYYY!!!

Motomo: Talking animals? Pfft, what an original story.

Zoeflare: *dramatically lands in front of Malthus with her wings spread* IVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR OVER A DECADE! So what's up Malthus, why did you call me? Who needs to suffer the wrath of ZOEFLARE AND HER HOT FLAMES?

Malthus: Zoeflare, I'd like you to meet someone.

Zoeflare: *begins looking at Motomo* Interesting... He looks like he just washed up here! 

Motomo: Yea literally yesterday.

Zoeflare: *lifts up motomos shirt with her wing* JESUS CHRIST THIS GUY HAS A LOT OF SCARS! HOW MANY FIGHTS YA BEEN IN BOY?

Motomo: Hey can you not?

Zoeflare: Come on, lighten up! So Malthus who is this human?

Malthus: You see Zoe, 

Zoeflare: ZOE FLARE! F L A R E! DONT FORGET THAT PART!

Malthus: It's shorter to say, and saves time. So anyway, Motomo has sins.

Zoeflare: SINS? WOAH WAIT ARE THEY AT IT AGAIN? ALRIGHT PRIDE IM GONNA SHOVE MY BEAK UP YOUR-

Malthus: Hold on, wait. Yes, Pride deceived us. He is plotting something, and I don't like it. I am helping redeem Motomo of his sins.

Motomo: I mean I don't understand. I'm really good at fighting. 

Malthus: You are a good fighter,

Motomo: *smug smile*

Malthus: But having 3 sins as personality traits is enough for them to take advantage of you. If we help you, you have potential. Zoeflare, with us 3 and the virtues, we will defeat the sins. 

Zoeflare: WOO ITS TIME FOR SOME SIN BUTTKICKERY! And where exactly do we need to go?

Malthus: We gotta teach Motomo some magic.

Motomo: Finally we get to it!

Zoeflare: Maybe some patience as well? *smirk*

Later, in a field...

Malthus: Alright young man, for your magic to occur, you need a spell book. In a spell book, spells will be written down.

Motomo: So I just write them down and...

Malthus: No. They will appear over time, through effort and dedication. You can also find materials to craft them.

Motomo: Wait a second, you didn't use a spellbook earlier...

Malthus: Oh I stored it in my back. I memorise my spells after decades of research. Most young wizards and witches hold spellbooks. Now, I must add, you can only use the spell book bound to you.

Motomo: Alright, where do I get it...

Malthus: I've got some spares. Here, take this *tosses him a spell book that's completely empty* and write your first and last name on it.

Motomo: Alright. *writes down Motomo Nuka*

The book suddenly changes colour, from plain white to red.

Motomo: Aha! It knew my favourite colour! So...

Zoeflare: Don't worry bud I got ya covered. *plucks one of her fire feathers* Here's a material to help your fire out! Open the book!

Motomo: *opens it*

Zoeflare: Now place my pretty little feather on the pages and SHUT THE BOOK NICE AND TIGHT!

Motomo: *shuts it and reopens it* Cool, some fire spells are here! And a wind spell...

Malthus: Excellent! Now try it out. Put your mind on the spell name, and then follow the instruction. Try using a fireball.

Motomo: *looks at the book, then forms a fist, before opening it aggressively and shooting a fireball*

Zoeflare: THATS A SPICY FIREBALL!

Malthus: Well done. 

Meanwhile with the virtues...

Humility: *watching from above* Malthus is training someone to follow in his footsteps. I like this.

Chastity: He's got potential, he rejected lust!

Patience: I can give him time, his wrath will go...

Kindness: Hey, when can we meet him?

Humility: It would be wise to meet him soon. Kindness, Temperance and Diligence, please descend to central village.

Diligence: What we doing?

Humility: People need your help. Help them with anything they can. Me, Charity and Patience have special tasks...

Charity: I understand.

Humility: Chastity... You can choose either option.

Chastity: I'll come with you guys!

Charity: Great! Lets help!

Humility: Apparently, the sins will be launching an attack on dragon valley, where lots of dragons live. They could brainwash the dragons, which isn't good... So, are we ready?

Charity: Yes!

Patience: Sure.

Chastity: Ready.

The virtues descend onto land, and head to dragon valley. Meanwhile, with the sins...

Pride: All 6 of us are going to dragon valley, right now. Kill ANYONE who tries to stop us. Capture EVERY dragon there is.

Envy: Finally, some work.

Wrath: AND SINCE YA KILLED SLOTH... WHY DONT WE KILL ONE OF THE VIRTUES?

Gluttony: Hey Pride, can I eat dragon eggs?

Pride: No.

Greed: Yea Gluttony you IDIOT! We need those eggs so we can corrupt them and deal more destruction.

Lust: Any dragon tamers?

Pride: WE are the dragon tamers. Except we're not befriending them. Do anything to keep those lizards in line. 

Wrath: CAN WE JUST FUCKING GO ALREADY?

Pride: Yes...