Chapter 1: The New Arrival

Zoe's POV:

I was running. Running and running until my legs felt like they were falling off. I needed to keep going. Their lives depended on it, and I would lose everything if they died. I was an idiot for waiting this long to take action. That, or I was an idiot for going along with this plan. I can't decide yet, guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Finally, I saw the tree. The tall pine that had been described to me countless times, the tree that bordered hope, and safety for demigods and -hopefully- for me. I thought I'd shaken my tail, but I turned around to see that disgusting hound behind me, again. Ugh I'm starting to get sick of those things! "DUCK!" I heard and I complied immediately. I felt an arrow whoosh over my head, and kill the hellhound. I continued walking into the camps borders when I was stopped.

Apollo Camper's POV:

I can't believe I killed that hellhound! I probably saved that girls life. She's probably a new camper, a lost demigod looking for a home. "Hey, wait up!" I yelled after her, as a jogged to catch up. When I approached her, I asked "What's your name?" "Zoe" she responded, looking of into the distance "Where's Chiron, I need his help!"

I was shocked, to say the least. How did she know him already? Was she an immortal? A million other questions flooded into my brain, but I managed an answer "He's not here, I can take you to Mr. D though?!" "Oh, ok. I guess the wine god will have to do." How did she know about Dionysus? And then she started to walk away. "Hey, you need me to show you where to go!" I chased after her "No, I don't, I know where to go!" And with that she began to run, down the path, to the Big House, and I couldn't be bothered to follow, so I resumed my post until the end of my shift.

Zoe's POV:

Wow! I approached the Big House after my conversation with a camper, an Apollo kid - I assume, and it is beautiful. The sky-blue colour of the barn makes it stand out from the other buildings, that and its height. It is the tallest of all the buildings, the second being one I don't recognise. It must be new! An Infirmary perhaps.

I push through the double doors and yell out "Is Dionysus here?! I'm looking for a wine god and a centaur!" That certainly attracted his attention; because the next thing I know, a middle-aged man in a leopard print shirt is approaching me, holding a glass of wine in his hand. "You need to learn some res-" He began before I interrupted him "Don't you have restrictions on that?" The wine glass faded away. "First, don't interrupt me, you need to learn some respect! Second, Chiron, the centaur, isn't here. He will be back in an hour or two. And third, how on earth do you know about that? I have never seen you before in my life!"

Dionysus' POV:

I am very confused. I have never seen this girl before in my life, yet she knows about my punishment, and Chiron. I shall have to ask him about it when he returns. Until then, the girl shall stay in the reading area, sitting on one of the couches.

"Okay, so, if you would follow me," I begin to lead the girl through the big house- past Seymour, but she doesn't question it- to the couches, and gesture for her to sit down. She does. But then she says, "Can I have a coke? If you don't mind, of course." "I am baffled. Does she know that I can do that? How could she know? But I conjure up a glass and fill it up with Diet Coke, my specialty (next to wine, of course- but she looks far too young to drink) "Diet?" I question, and she nods. So, I hand her the glass, she thanks me, and I turn to walk away. But instead, I turn around one final time, and I catch the sight of a dazzling grey eye under her hood. Maybe an Athena child, but they are such annoying know-it-alls. "Your name?" I ask her. The girl looks up, surprised that I am still stood here. "Zoe" she answers.
I turn around and walk away, deep in thought. I don't quite know what it is, but there is something strangely familiar about that girl!

~an hour and a half later~

Chiron's POV:

I had returned from my meeting with the 'Party Ponies', and trotted up to the Big House only to find Dionysus waiting for me on the porch. "What is wrong, old friend?" I asked "have you missed our Pinochle games enough to await my return?" I chuckled, but the wine god's face remained sincere

"Chiron, my friend" Dionysus began, his expression being one of concern "We have a visitor. I have never seen her before, yet she knows about my restrictions; and me being a god. She turned up here a couple of hours ago, and has only told me her name: Zoe" He finished, assessing me to see my thoughts. "Also," he quickly continued "I may have sent in an Apollo camper to assess any injuries she could have had, but they told her that one of her parents had to be a god; and in response she may have..." he trailed off.

"May have what?" I questioned. He sighed, before finishing "She attempted to stab the camper, ad screamed at him that he was a liar!" I sighed. Of course Dionysus would let this happen. He has been trying since the giant war, but he isn't very good with demigods, or children. Which is surprising, since he used to be both.

I approached my wheelchair, and sat down. Then I wheeled my way inside, curious to meet this visitor. I was deep in thought, a million ideas and questions circling my head. I did, however, notice Mr. D slip away.

Zoe's POV:

That ratty Apollo kid! I know my parents, and I don't need some liar telling me otherwise! First he came up to me, and asked me to lower my hood, I refused. So he got annoyed, and started yelling, especially when he asked if I knew who my godly parent was, and I told him I didn't have one! He yelled, saying I was wrong, and he was instructed to check my injuries. Once he'd left, I lowered my hood, and sat down, once I'd picked a book of course. This was Harry Potter, The Philosophers stone (A/N: That's the UK title btw), I'd read it before, but I began to read. I got lost in the book; and at some point, I must have got up and started pacing. So, there I was, walking to and fro, until I heard the faint scratching of wheels on the floor. So, I lifted my head to see Chiron in front of me, gazing at me- obviously deep in thought! "Hey Chiron. I need your help!"

Chiron's POV:

As I approached the reading area, I caught a glimpse of a girl, who couldn't be older than 10, pacing- her head deep in a book, and humming a tune. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. But then she lifted her head, looked me in the eyes, and said "Hey Chiron. I need your help!"

I was surprised, I had never seen her before- and yet she knew me. She was a tanned young girl, with brown hair that hung down to her shoulders. There was a grey stripe running through her hair, and she made no effort to hide it. I could tell she was confident, yet unsure in this new circumstance. The most peculiar thing about this girl was her eyes. One was a deep grey, much like a child of Athena's, but the other... the other was a sparkling sea green!

I broke the temporary silence, saying "I heard you need my help Zoe. Why, you can't be older than 10, so you are a bit young to go on a quest. Do you want to know who your godly parent is?" She replied by saying "I am 9, not a solo demigod; and I don't have a godly parent!" I went to speak, but she cut across,

"Allow me to introduce myself properly." She spoke calmly, her eyes glinting with determination- and perhaps pride.

"I am Zoe. Zoe Jackson!"