Chapter 15

Authors Note:

Sorry for my absence and the stark lack of updates. I got extremely sick while pregnant and had some issues with my heart. I then took some time to just enjoy life with my new baby.

Now that I'm back though why don't you guys let me know how often you'd like to see updates??

Lilliarna watches as her mate pulls another Alpha into a half hug before drumming his hand on the man's back. Tension lay like a thick heavy blanket in the air, its presence unavoidable. The small group of four had resided quietly tucked away in Alpha Cadoc's pack for nearly three weeks following Lilliarna's admission into their hospital. The alpha had only extended his helping hand due to the pack alliance they shared but by now his patience was worn thin. The conflict of dominance between the two could practically be felt, glaringly obvious from every direction you looked and it was putting the pack on edge which made Cadoc want them out all the more.

Her gaze settles on the two Alphas as they discuss small formalities. Noting the strong waves of power that seem to roll easily off the backs of the two alphas she wonders how they haven't yet imploded in their spots. Typically, pack leaders kept their visits brief, stopping by for mere days at a time to discuss things like alliances before leaving; rarely would they stay for longer than that and for good reason. With the Alpha title, came power and too much of it competing for top spot in the room led to their wolves being on edge, making it easier for them to lash out.

A few days prior, Elliot had taken the time to inform Lilliarna of the ever growing restlessness her mate's presence caused for the pack and the small fight that had taken place while she lay unconscious. It was for the pack that Alpha Cadoc had come to speak with Theon, asking him to leave, and in doing so leave her behind. Of course Cadoc assured him that Lilliarna would be well taken care of, even going as far to promise he himself would call with any and all updates regarding her condition. The well meant request however, sent Theon into a rage. His fist connected with the Alphas jaw only moments before he held him firmly against the wall, asking what Cadoc would want had it been his mate lying unconscious. According to Carion, he never so much as uttered a word to Theon again during their stay, but it was obvious they were well past their welcome.

Moving closer to her mate, she places a hand on his back before looking up at him as he finishes the conversation. His jaw is tight and eyes hard, a stark contrast to the soft, gentle mate that had stuck to her side like glue since she had woken up. It had been nearly three weeks since the beginning of her coma, the time feeling like an eternity ago, but in it the pair had become inseparable. Theon's arm wraps around her waist, pulling her closer into his side and causes a small smile to lift at the corner of his lips at her closeness.

"Again, thank you Cadoc, my pack owes you greatly."
Lilliarna nudges him, eliciting a small growl to bubble in his chest.

"And I'm sorry. For the, well, you know."

Cadoc laughs, looking between the pair of mates.
"You know my dear, I never thought I'd see the day Alpha Theon would become soft." He places his hand on Theon's shoulder, patting reassuringly. "All is forgiven. I would have done the same in your position. I just hope there are no hard feelings, I was only asking from you what I felt was best for my pack."

"You saved my mate, my pack's Luna. That covers anything I could hold a grudge for." Theon replies.

Theon's grip tightens as his eyes beam down at her, causing butterflies to stir in Lilliarna's chest. In front of them Cadoc nods in acknowledgment before wishing them safe travels as he escorts them to their cars. Theon opens the door, scooping Lilliarna into his arms to help her into the car. His movements are slow and calculated, moving her gently into the passenger's seat as if she is glass that could break at any moment. His hand lingers in hers before he shuts the door, racing around to the driver's side. Once inside, he throws the car into gear, the tires spinning in the dirt, lunging them forward as it finds traction. Lilliarna watches as Cadoc fades away in the rearview mirror, replaced moments later by another car.