Chapter 2

-TIME SKIP 4 YEARS-

In an baby blue painted bedroom, a boy laid in his bed sound asleep, as the morning sunshine breached through the boy's light grey curtains illuminating the dark dark. Downstairs in the kitchen the boys mother was busy cooking dinner, with the help of her blond daughter. Back up in the boy's room, the peaceful silence that had resided in the quiet room, was slain by the loud and desk shaking alarm clock. The alarm made itself known to the sleeping boy, as Naruto stirred awake he sent a disgruntled look towards the offensive alarm.

The twelve year old boy reached over and pushed the button atop the alarm clock, silence the loud device, before sitting up in his bed and got up to go into his personal bathroom.

After getting his morning hygiene over with, Naruto walked over to his closet and put on his ninja gear for today he would finally become a Genin of Konohagakure no Sato.

Walking out of his closet, Naruto went up to the large mirror that was on his bedroom door. Naruto's long, spiky dark brown hair feel freely as he brushed his hands through his hair. Two bangs feel down the sides of his face framing it. Naruto's charcoal eyes, his left being a lighter grey color, stared at the gear he and his father had picked out the day before. Naruto wore a forest green, long-sleeve shirt, with a black vest over it, on the back of the vest was a scarlet Uzumaki swirl, showing off his heritage, and heir status. Over his wrists he had bindings tied around. Matching his vest he wore black Anbu pants that were cut off just below his knee, as white bindings replaced the rest of the pants length, and lastly he had on a pair of black shinobi sandals.

Naruto looked at his outfit and smiled. He was going to become a Genin of the Leaf. Walking over to desk at the fair side of his room, Naruto started to pack his belongings he thought he would need. He packed a set of thirty Kunai, and Shuriken, twelve blank scrolls he could use for sealing, chakra infused ink, two storage scrolls, one for lunch, and one for extra kunai. The final item he grabbed was a Chokuto and some daggers he and his mother had brought from the best weapon shop in Konoha.

He settled his Chokuto's scabbard at his waist, and sheathed one dagger in it's scabbard on his right ankle. And the other two on his belt. After getting fully prepared, Naruto walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen where he saw his mother and his sister, who was recently promoted to Chūnin finishing breakfast. Naruto went over to the refrigerator and got out the milk and the syrup. As he was setting the two items on the table, Kushina brought over the food and began sliding the scrambled eggs from the hot pan into three plates, followed by Akemi, who had a plate of toast and bacon in her hands.

The three sat down and began eating in a peaceful silence. As they ate Kushina decided to break the silence. "So Ake-chan, how did you last mission go?" The red headed woman asked her daughter.

"Oh you know the usual, killed a couple bandits, got hit on by the men in the capital, then had an epic battle with an opponent around my caliber. The usual." Akemi casually answered as she stuffed some egg into her mouth. Kushina chuckled at her daughter's laid back attitude, while Naruto began to think about the wonders of shinobi life. Sure he knew there was dangers, but that was to be expected going into the job. Anything could happen.

"Hey Kaa-san are you and Tou-chan going to be at my graduation?" Naruto asked his mother who had started to spread grape jelly across her toast.

"Of course sochi! We wouldn't miss it for the world! Although if I happened to come along a beautiful sword better than my own, I might have to miss the first ten minutes." Kushina joked.

"Graduating already huh squirt?" Akemi said while ruffing Naruto's hair. "I remember my days at the academy. Ahh those were the days. Putting fan boys in their places, pranking fan-girls, the looks on my sensei's face when I led thirteen cows up to the second and third floors of the academy. No I'm still not telling you how I did that Kaa-san!" Akemi continued as Kushina pouted at her daughter's refusal to share her secret. "Kaa-san you know as well do I, that a prankster never reveals their secrets! We show them." Akemi finished and formed a single hand seal.