Chapter 5

The following months after the actual Genin exams, Team Eight had been training with their new sensei and had went on occasional D-Rank missions. Of course like every Genin in the village and the world. Team Eight loathed the days when they had to take one, especially capturing the demon cat Tora, who seemed to have the skills of a snake when escaping it's master clutches.

Right now the trio of Genin had just finished a day of training and were walking to get something to eat. Along the way Naruto ignored the glares he was receiving from the villagers as they walked. Kiba was eyeing the chatting groups of girls as they passed by, and Hinata was busy reading a small book about the Byakūgan.

As they turned the corner Naruto spotted his favorite restaurant in the whole village. Ichiraku ramen. The owner of the shop and his daughter were the only ones to actually acknowledge his existence, besides his family, before his days at the academy.

Running ahead of his team, Naruto sped into the Ramen stand, ducking under the cloth hanging by the entrance and quickly settled down on a stool.

"I thought that was you bursting through the cloth, my boy." A tanned man said from behind the counter.

"Aw you know me too well old man! Four of the usuals please!" Naruto said as his teammates shuffled into the stand and took the two empty seats beside him. Hinata of course taking the one beside Naruto.

"And what would you two like?"

"Two beef ramen." Kiba said and looked down at Akamaru. "Oh and can you put some cooked pork on a small plate for Akamaru please."

"One pork ramen for me." Hinata said as she put the book away.

"Your orders will be done shortly." The cook said as he turned around and started to stir the broth.

"So Naruto hows the life of a ninja?"Ayame the daughter of Teuchi the old man asked.

"So far it's been pretty boring Ayame-chan." Naruto answered as Teuchi laid down a bowl of ramen infront of him.

"Well my boy, it takes time. You're just an out of the academy Genin! You'll just have to prove to your sensei and your father that you're ready to move up in the world. Now eat up! A growing boy needs to eat after training or a mission." The man exclaimed as he laid down two more bowls infront of Hinata and Kiba.

Slurping up a noodle, Naruto nodded his head. "Right!"

-Hour Later-

Infront of the young brunette were two stacks of twelve bowls each. Naruto in his excitement of the future in his career; Naruto had ate twenty four bowls of Ramen.

Hinata and Kiba had left after Naruto's eighth bowl of ramen. Although he didn't notice their departure until after his twenty third bowl. Leaning back in his seat with his belly full, Naruto allowed a relieved sigh escape his lips.

Behind the counter Ayame giggled into her fist at the boy. "Are you full Naruto?" The boy given his relaxed position raised a hand in the air giving her a thumbs up.

After five more minutes of relaxing, Naruto got up and grabbed a stack of bowls off the counter and brought it to the back of the shop and helped Teuchi and Ayame wash his dishes. They tried to protest saying they could handle them, but he insisted because they were good company and were somewhat family friends.

After washing his dishes, paying, and wishing the two goodbye, Naruto walked down the dark streets of Konoha heading towards his house. Along the way he noticed how peaceful the streets were during the evening as many people barely paid attention to him due to the dim light lining the streets. Naruto thought he would have an uneventful walk, but unfortunately the village night life had other plans.