Chapter 3

The next morning was quite the hectic for the graduates at the ninja academy. Many of the new Genin were hurrying back to their classes so that they could here the assignments for the many different three manned teams. Many if the fangirls hoped and prayed that they were placed on a team with their "Sasuke-kun", while the rest just hoped ti be put on a team with a strong Jonin that would guide them.

Naruto woke up and had gotten ready for the day. He ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where Akemi was looking very wary around her surroundings. The prank yesterday she had pulled would no doubt have repercussions in the form of a retaliation prank, but she knew that Naruto and Kushina where always scheming and liked to pull large scale pranks, something she has difficulty with.

Kushina was cooking breakfast with Minato who had finished his paperwork early in the morning and had flashed home to enjoy breakfast with his family and to see his son off to the academy where he would officially be given a Jonin sensei. Someone who he personally picked. Being the Hokage and all.

"Morning Kaa-san! Tou-chan! Akemi-neechan!" Naruto greeted as he plopped down at his seat at the table. The three greeted him back and went back to their tasks. His parents cooking and Akemi sharping her kunai.

"So Naruto are you excited for your assigned team?" Minato asked and smiled when he saw the gleam in his child's eyes.

"You bet! I bet you gave me an awesome sensei, and even awesomer teammates!" Naruto exclaimed eager as ever to hurry and find out his team. "Can you tell me who I am assigned with?"

"Nope!" Minato stated happily as he and Kushina brought breakfast to the table. Naruto grumbled under his breathe, while Akemi put away her kunai.

"Hey nee-san can you tell me what it was like getting into your first team?" Naruto asked knowing he would get an answer from his sister.

"Sorry lil bro, Tou-chan already told me I can't tell you how the first week of teams are like, but I can tell you that you will not like the first mission your team goes on." Akemi answered, and giggled when Naruto sent his father a glare.

"No fair tou-chan!" Naruto complained and his father chuckled.

"Naruto its completely fair, and as a shinobi you will one day be tasked with finding out your own information. Now eat your breakfast, before it gets cold." Kushina stated and Naruto complied quickly scarfing down his breakfast and choking as he ate too fast.

After breakfast the family of four left, Akemi departed first as she and her teammates had scheduled a training ground for the day to hone their skills, while Minato, and Kushina walked their son to the academy.

"Naruto-kun!" A voice exclaimed from behind the trio. Naruto groaned when he heard the voice, while his parents chuckled at their son's misfortune. Soon a lavender blur shot in between the couple and latched onto their son, who desperately tried to free himself.

"Hinata-san, let me go!" Naruto shouted as he tried to get Hinata to disconnect herself from him.

"No Naruto-kun! I think I will stay here." Hinata said while laying her head on Naruto's trapped arm. Naruto rolled his eyes then had a mischievous idea. He did two hand seals and suddenly felt his chakra being pulled. He disappeared from his jailor and reappeared in a different location in the blink of an eye. Looking back at his parents and Hinata, he donned a victorious grin as he saw that his target of kawarimi.

"Oh Naruto-kun!" Hinata said while nuzzling her head in what she thought was Naruto.

"Woah, I knew I was popular! But I never thought you would get over your Naruto faze! Point Kiba!" Kiba said proudly as he puffed out his chest in victory. Hinata's eyes immediately shot open and she looked up at the boy she currently held onto, then over to Naruto who was walking towards the academy after waving goodbye to his parents. Returning her gaze to Kiba, she narrowed her eyes and unconsciously activated her Byakūgan.