Chapter 4

It was a nice morning for activities to be had, chores/errands to be ran, and a nice helping of coffee to start the morning off. Well for civilians that was. For the ninja and newly graduated academy students, things couldn't be more active. Ninja returning and leaving for missions ran across the roof tops, while the newly graduated academy raced right beside them, hoping to impress their sensei's with their eagerness to be a ninja.

Yet their is always the black sheep of the group that being one Namikaze Naruto, and the always Nara Shikamaru. Besides the Nara, Naruto was currently laying in his bed, sound asleep. Nothing could wake the boy up, not the alarm clock, that had been ringing for five minutes now. Not even the pounding of the boys bedroom door could shake him awake.

That was until the door flew off its hinges and slammed onto the wall beside his bed. Naruto instantly shot awake and focused on the figure standing menacingly where his door once resided. The figure standing in the door frame struck fear in everyone. No matter the age, gender, or how brave some was. The Red Hot Habanero would find a way to strike fear within a person, just by looking at them. And unfortunately for Naruto, she happened to be directing her menacing gaze straight through his soul. Her fiery red hair flowing behind her like the tails of the Kyūbi. Naruto gulped when he saw that she was holding a ladle.

"H-hey K-Kaa-san! G-Good Morning!" Naruto managed to get out after stuttering on his words for a moment.

"Good morning to you too sochi, care to guess what time it is, and tell me why I spent the past five minutes calling your name?" Kushina stated as she struck the ladle against her palm. Naruto shivered and looked at the time. He paled when he noticed he only had ten minutes to get to the training ground. Luckily he pack his ninja gear for the day, but that still meant he only had a short amount of time to get ready and get to the training grounds.

"Um, I over slept?" Naruto stated, but it came out more like a question. Kushina frowned at the answer, and began to walk slowly towards Naruto. Naruto fearing for his life peeked over his mother's shoulders and saw Minato walking by donned in his Hokage's robes.

"Tou-chan! Can you take me to training ground three!" Naruto called out hoping his mother would calm down some if he could get there in time. Minato stopped and peeked into, Naruto's room, but upon seeing the look his wife sent him Minato slowly disappeared from the doorway, mouthing "I'm sorry to Naruto."

Naruto's hoped died as Minato flashed away, and as Kushina turned back to her son, with a victorious smirk. "Well aren't you going to get ready!" Kushina said and Naruto shot out of bed grabbing his uniform, and ran into his bathroom.

In record times Naruto had gotten ready in two minutes, the whole time his mother lecturing him, on the importance of being on time, and how a shinobi should be ready for anything. Naruto took it all with a grain of salt, but didn't say anything as his mother was already in a bad mood.

After getting ready and jumping out of the window with a piece of toast in his mouth, annoying his mother for the exit, Naruto ran full speed across the rooftops, making some Chūnin watching the boy a little jealous because he was running faster than when they were Genin.

Arriving at training ground three, Naruto made it just in time, with three minutes remaining. "Oi dirt head, where've you been! Me and Hinata have been here for an hour now!" Kiba complained seeing his least favorite brunette arriving. Hinata on the other hand.

"Naruto-kun! Good morning!" Hinata said jumping down from her lounging spot on a large branch and landing beside Naruto, where she latched onto his arm.

"Good morning Hinata, dog breathe. Where's Kurenai-sensei?" Naruto asked as he freed himself from Hinata, much to her disappointment. Kiba scoffed at the name, and shrugged his shoulders.