CHAPTER TWO

After an exhausting night of having to share beds and NOT screaming at the bugs that come out of the walls, the team wakes up to an unpleasant surprise.

***

Steve was never one for respecting personal belongings and objects. And when he was getting to the most exciting part of World of Warcraft, he couldn't just let his battery die.

Yes.

He drained everyone else's battery.

But Brian was in charge of bringing 'batteries, charging utensils, and all electronic stuff' and he figured Brian would have brought more.

Then again, Brian thought a Jesus robe and thesaurus were necessities.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH NOOOO WE HAVE BEEN DOOMED!!!!!"

Steve lurched in surprise. Had they found him? Or the fact they might have no phones?

He ran down the stairs. He could just hide behind one of the many vending machines if it was about him.

He soon realised it was not. They were yelling at--

A piece of paper.

"W-what's going on?" Steve asked.

Grant closed his eyes and handed him a note.

Had to go dig my great aunt outta the ice again. I'll be back on december 28th, you betcha!

Steve blinked in confusion. "What? So? We can just leave."

Samantha stared at him. "Dummy, were SNOWED IN. unless you have a SNOWPLOW handy, WERE STUCK HERE."

"Oh." said Steve. "I didn't really notice that."

"Minnesotans," Samantha said bitterly. "You can never trust the lying fox-heads." she crossed her arms.

"Calm down," Grant said. "We'll just call someone."

Steve froze.

"But WHO?" Kris asked.

"I don't know, maybe 911?" Grant rolled his eyes and pulled his phone from his jeans pocket.

Steve dived behind one of the vending machines. Maybe if they didn't see him, they wouldn't blame him.

"STEVEEEEEEEEE. . . " Grant's unmistakable murderous voice snarled.

Steve sucked in his breath.

"OK, STEVE. WE TOLD YOU 'DON'T TAKE OUR BATTERY.' DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT TAKE IT?!"

Silence.

"OK, STEVE, WE KNOW YOU'RE BEHIND THE VENDING MACHINE, AND YOU WOULDN'T BE IF YOU DIDN'T DO IT. THAT MEANS UNTIL OUR PHONES CHARGE UP, WE'LL CALL SOMEONE WITH YOURS.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, STEVE? YOU'RE ALL OUT OF MINUTES, AND YOUR PHONE'S ALMOST DEAD. HOW LONG WERE YOU PLAYING GAMES? BRIAN, GIVE ME THE CHARGERS."

Brian narrowed his eyes. "The what?"

Grant's eyes widened with anger. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU HAD ONE JOB, BRIAN, ONE JOB. ONE STUPID JOB. AND YOU FORGOT IT. NOW WE'RE STUCK HERE UNTIL DECEMBER TWENTY EIGHTH AND IT'S YOUR FAULT. YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT. ONE HUNDRED PERECNT YOUR STUPID FAULT!"

Brian made a face that looked somewhat like a scared cat (whatever that looks like).

More silence.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Samantha cried. "I'LL GO KICK DOWN THAT DOOR RIGHT NOW-"

"Bad idea," Dave commented before she could finish.

So.

The group was officially stuck In a cabin.

In the wilderness.

In Minnesota.

In Moose Lodge.