CHAPTER EIGHT

Back to Samantha. She wanted a quick, simple way to deal with Brian...

***

I WILL DUMP HIS HEAD IN THE LAUNDRY MACHINE. THEN I'LL CLOSE THE LID. OFF WITH HIS HEAD! Or, maybe I'll poison him. Yes, that will do. Samantha was carrying out orders from Brian. She was supposed to be cleaning the entryway-- which, to her, meant getting a paper towel, dunking it in cleaner and scrubbing the whole room, and maybe moving some stuff around. As she scrubbed, she fumed. I'll go on strike. Yes! I'll poison him and go on strike.

She immediately went to the cleaner cabinet to find something poisonous. She pulled out iodine.

"If you're thinking what I think you're thinking. . ."

Samantha turned to see Amy and smiled. "I'm gonna poison him."

Amy's eyes went wide. "You can't do that! I mean, I'm fine with poisoning him, but not with iodine. That'll kill him. We want something that'll just make him sick."

Samantha sighed. "Ok, fine, how about granite cleaner?"

"Hmmmmnnn. Maybe if you don't put too much in. just a tablespoon of it."

"I'll sneak it in his water."

Amy still looked reluctant. "Ok, but it's not my fault if you get in prison."

Samantha huffed. "It's not a prison, it's a basement. Literally just a basement. Brian wants us to fear his 'prison' for his own entertainment. If we don't fear him, he'll get bored. Then he might let us leave."

Amy tilted her head. "Perhaps. I was thinking more of quickly putting some sort of sleep medicine in his water, figure out where the key to get out is, then leave."

"Does it look like there's any sleep medicine around here to you?"

"You don't know that. I mean, there's literally a bottle of iodine, so it wouldn't be a stretch."

"The iodine is probably so he can poison us when he wants."
"Then we'd be dead. We're no use to him if we're dead."

"THEN WHY DOES HE HAVE IODINE?!"

"Shhh! Keep your voice down."

Samantha bit back her sigh. "Fine. but seriously, why does he have iodine?"

"Don't ask me."

"I still want to feed him iodine, though."

"Samantha." Amy took a deep breath. "Then we'd be murderers."

"But we'd be murderers for a good reason. It's not like Brian's innocent."

Amy shook her head. "Alright. We're done. Let's just use this window cleaner to poison him, if you must. A teaspoon should be enough."

Samantha eyed the bottle suspiciously. "I don't know if one teaspoon of cleaner will be enough to make him sick."

"Well, we're gonna find out very soon."

They had done it.

"Here's a glass of water," Amy said, handing Brian the cup.

Brian's eyes narrowed. "Thanks? I didn't really ask for it, though."

"We just thought it'd be nice now we have to continue our work," Samantha said quickly, then tugged on Amy's sleeve and rushed into the hallway.

"We did it," Samantha breathed.

"Yes, but he seemed suspicious. Maybe next time you shouldn't just run away as soon as you can," Amy replied, looking around the corner to make sure he wasn't listening.

Samantha shrugged. "I had to run away. Didn't want to catch whatever diseases he has."

Amy rolled her eyes. "I don't think he has a disease yet." She started to the kitchen, to get a mop for the bathroom.

"The floor cleaner might give him one." Samantha grabbed some rubber gloves and a rag to work on the toilet.

"Let's just get back to work," Amy said, quietly.