Chapter: 3

Meanwhile in Westview

Wanda stretched as she got out of bed putting on her dressing gown and slippers before making her way down stairs to the kitchen. Once there she made herself a bowl a sugar snaps and walked into the living room placing the bowl down on the table. She was going to sit down and enjoy her breakfast but figured she'd go get the mail first. She made her way out the font door and down the path to mailbox. “Hey Wanda” a mans voice called out as Wanda was going through her mail. She looked to see a man dressed in a hipster style wearing a blue Bennie stood on the driveway of next doors house. “Hey Ralph” She said returning a smile. “What has you up so early?” Wanda asked as seemed unusual for Ralph to be up this early.  “oh I got a audition... if all goes well you could be looking at the new face of Yo-Magic” Ralph said opening the door to his car. “Good luck Ralph... oh and tell Agnes thanks for letting me borrow her cook book. I'll get it back to her later” Ralph gave a friendly smile and a playful salute to Wanda as he got into his car. Wanda watched as he reserved out of the driveway and drove off. Ralph and Agnes were a little strange but Wanda didn't mind that besides Agnes had of massive help since Wanda moved to Westview still she did think it was funny that they're titles were Mr and Mrs Bohner. Not thinking about it too much Wanda made her way back inside. She flicked her wrist as she used her power's to close the front door behind Her. She walked into the living room not paying attention as she went through her mail. “So nice to meet you, Wanda” a said that caused Wanda to jump. She looked to see a bald man with a eyepatch sat in a armchair eating the sugar snaps she made. “Fury? What are you doing here? How did you get in? And did you seriously eat my sugar snaps?” Wanda asked all together. Most people who knew Nick Fury wouldn't have the guts to talk to Fury but Wanda already went toe to toe with a angry bald guy a few months back and won so Nick Fury didn't scare her. Nick got up placing the now empty bowl back on the table. “I wanted to see if it was true” he said which made Wanda cross her arms “if what was true?” She asked him. “That one of the most powerful beings in the know universe is really living in a quite suburb” Fury said as he looked around the house with hands behind his back. “It's what I wanted” Wanda said before looking down “It's what Vis wanted” she said that part quitley but Nick heard it. He knew about Wanda's relationship with Vision. Of course he did Nick knew everything about anyone but he didn't press the topic further. He may seem like a tough bad motherfucker but he had a heart deep deep down inside him. “The world is in danger.... and we need your help” Nick said stepping forwards her as Wanda looked up surprised. “who's we?” she asked. “you'll be working someone by the name of Quentin Beck and if Happy did his Job you'll also be accompanied by Spi-“ Nick was cut off by the sound of knocking on the front door. Nick fearing he may of been tracked down and followed here pull out his gun but Wanda gave him a look that said ‘seriously?’. Wanda went to answer the front door while Fury didn't let his guard down. Wanda opened the front door half way so whoever was at the door couldn't look inside and see the angry bald man. “Hiya hun” Agnes said with a cheerful smile. “Hey Agnes” Wanda said returning a smile “Sorry to come over like this but I wanted to see if I could get my cookbook back? Ralph's got a audition today and I want to suprise him with a special dinner” Agnes explained. “oh sure Agnes no problem I'll go grab it for you now just please... wait here” Wanda asked which confused Agnes a little. She was curious as to why Wanda seemed do demanding that she waited here for her instead of inviting her in like she always did before. When Wanda left to go get the book Agnes pocked her head in the house to have a little peak and what she saw was a man with his hands on his shoulders examining some photos on the wall. Thankfully he hasn't noticed Agnes as slowly backed out the house. ‘Oh my god Wanda has a man over' Agnes thought with a devilish smirk on her face ‘Say he was quite the looker even with a eyepatch’ Wanda soon came back. “Here you are... Thanks again” Wanda said handing the book over to Agnes “Oh your welcome hon...” Agnes stepped a little closer to Wanda to whisper “Say good Job on the new guy.... he's a looker” Agnes teased and Wanda realised what she was referring to. “Oh no..no..no it's not what it looks like” Wanda felt sick in her stomach at the idea of someone thinking Nick was her boyfriend. “Oh don't worry, your secret is safe with me hot stuff” Agnes winked and tap her nose at sign she was going to keep it under her hat. Wanda closed the door as Agnes left. She pressed her head against the door in embarrassment praying Fury didn't hear any of that but of course he did. Fury had hearing that would put Clint to shame. “So what am I going up against?” Wanda asked turning around to face Nick trying to change the topic as fast as possible. “You'll get that information at the briefing... that is if your in?” Nick asked. “You're not going to take no for a answer are you?” Wanda said knowing dam well she was in this regardless of if she liked it or not. “Not a chance Maximoff” he said pulling out a card and heading it over to her. It had a time, date and location written on it. “Like I said you'll get the information you need there... and don't be late. I'm already pissed that one member of this team is ignoring my calls I don't need you getting on my nerves too” Fury said. Wanda was going to ask him who the other member of this team was who was pissing him but before she could he was gone. ‘That sneaky son of a bitch' She thought as she went back to looking at Card with all the information on it. Unlike Peter, Wanda hadn't exactly retired but that hadn't exactly been a need for Wanda for the last few months besides she was happy living a normal life here in Westview. She debated if she really wanted to do this or not but she knew that if Pietro or Vision was here they'd be telling her to do this and besides Wanda had a life time of mistakes she needed to make up for. Maybe this was a chance to put behind the horrors and pain of her past and to finally have a new beginning.