Chapter: 9

The Next Day...

Wanda and Peter were making there way back to the Quinjet to meet up with Nick Fury and Maria Hill. Wanda was wearing some of the new clothes Peter had got for her while the rest of the stuff was in the suitcase she was pulling behind her. The two of them made it to the Quinjet and where greeted by Fury “What's with the case Maximoff?” Fury asked noticing the case Wanda was pulling behind her. “Just some clothes I was given by Peter since I didn't pack any with me” Wanda said while Fury shifted his gaze to Parker. “What did I tell you Mr. Fury no second showing up of the elemental” Fury, Wanda and Peter all looked to see Quentin Beck coming over in his outfit only it was different as it didn't have a giant purple cape, gold painted armour or a fish bowl helmet. “Where's the rest of your outfit?” Peter asked curiously to which Beck chuckled and put his hands on his hips “Oh Peter.... you think Tony was the only one with Nanotechnology?” Peter’s eye's winded in surprise as to someone else being able to use that technology. “Look I would love to talk more about it but right now we need to make a move before the next attack” Beck said quickly followed up by Fury “He's right we need to get moving” He said boarding the Quinjet  followed by Wanda, Peter and Beck. “So where to Next Fury sir?” Peter asked. “Prague” Fury didn't even bother looking back to Peter instead heading for the front seat of the Quinjet. The rear door closed as the engines came on and the Quinjet began to take off and head for it's next destination. It was about half an hour into the journey and Nick and Maria were sat up front flying and talking to Beck while Wanda was laying down on the seats in the loading bay sleeping since she was still tired from getting up so early. Peter meanwhile was sat right at the back of the Quinjet on the phone talking to Aunt May. “So, who was that guy you were with? Was that Mister Strange?” May asked Peter. “Doctor Strange, May. Doctor Strange. And, ummm... No. He's a new guy called Beck. To cut a long story short he's from another realty. I can't believe it ethier. But it's true he came here from a alternate reali....” Peter was cut by hearing May saying something.” Hey, Happy. No. That’s my lunch. Don’t eat that one.” This caused a look of confusion on Peter's face “Happy’s there?” Peter asked. “Yeah. It’s Happy. He’s here. He came by to volunteer. And, he’s hanging around the office. And he wants to say hi.” May said which eyes widened as he really didn't want to talk Happy right now. “No I don't wanna...” but it was too late as he heard Happy’s voice.  “Hi...Peter” He said and Peter did his best not to cringe at how awkward he felt right then. “I’m sorry. I’m working real hard here. I gotta do a... a leaflet drop. Don’t worry. I’m really taking care of your aunt.” Peter felt sick in his mouth ‘he better not be implying what he think he was' Peter thought as just then Aunt May came back on the phone. “So uhh... how's everything on this mission going?” May asked and Peter just rubbed his eye's with his figure and thumb. “There have been... setbacks but it's going good” Peter said. “Don’t ever think it, just trust your instincts and you’ll be fine.” May reassured him and made Peter smile “Thanks May. Love you” Peter said. “Love you too... speaking of love this mission maybe a good chance to really get to know Wanda and spend time with her... who knows maybe she has a crush on yo...” May didn't get a chance to finish her sentence before being cut off by Peter. “ohnogottogomaythinkwe'reunderattackbyeloveyou” Peter said so fast and hung up. He didn't want to worry May like that but also didn't want to have that talk with May even though Peter felt she may of been right about trying to get to know Wanda more but not the Wanda having a crush on him ‘No way she would have a crush on me' Peter thought but how little did he know. Peter looked across to Wanda sleeping and smiled. She looked peaceful and beautiful sleeping there and Peter swore his heart skipped a beat. Wanda yawned and stretched as she began to wake up and as soon as she sat up she was greeted by the sight of a certain cute friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man sat across from her. She gave him a little smile. “Hey” she spoke softly greeting him. “Hey Wanda... um.... sleep ok?” Peter asked  Yeah...slept great... did I miss anything while i was out?” Wanda stretched her arms. “No not much..  got a call from May” Peter said to her. “Oh... how is she? What did she want?” Wanda asked. “You know just how the mission was going and stuff” Peter rubbed his head and Wanda knew there was something on his mind. Sure she could look in his head to find out but she didn't want to as she didn't want to invade people's privacy like that especially Peter’s but that wasn't going to stop her from asking at least. “Something on your mind Peter?” she asked him and it caused him to look at her then look down to the ground “Just stuff with May... between her maybe dating happy and really wanting me and you to get to know each other more things have just been a little... crazy” Peter may have had a IQ that matched that of Tony Stark and Bruce Banner but he really doesn't think before he speaks sometimes. “Why does your Aunt really want us to get to know each other?” Wanda seemed so confused by this I mean sure she did want to get to know Peter more but why did his Aunt want them to. ‘wait! Is this to do with what she said about his highschool crush on me?’ Wanda thought thinking back to the conversation she heard when staying with Peter. Peter's eye's widen a little when he realised what he said. ‘Shit Peter think before you speak' he thought. “Well... she thinks that me and you would make good.... friends” Peter said chicking out on saying couple. “You know how we're both young Hero's and all” He said backing up the claim. “Oh... um... Yeah I hope we do become good friends Peter.” Wanda said and smiled but in reality she was disappointed. She really wanted him to say couple in hopes of finding something between them. It had been tough on Wanda after losing Vision and she knew she would always have a place in her heart for him but Wanda also felt that it was time to move on and start that new chapter to life and she couldn't sake the feeling that the new chapter could be with Peter. The two just sat in silence while Peter opened his bag and pulled out the glasses case that Tony had left for him but before he opened them Wanda spoke. “Can I ask you something?” Wanda said which caught Peter's attention “Yeah sure” He responded “When this mission is over... are you going to keep being Spider-Man?” Peter a felt a little caught off grad by this question as he hadn't really put much thought into that since he only focused on just this mission but not the future. “I don't know Wanda... I mean yeah I missed it. Suiting up and saving People but at the same time I spent so many so year's being Spider-Man that I kind of forgot to live my life as Peter Parker.” Wanda watched focused on Peter with every word he spoke. “The world found it's new Captain America in Sam Wilson but now everyone is asking who will be the next Iron-Man... and I don't think that's me” Peter had a hint sadness in his eye's while Wanda began to understand how Peter felt. She and Tony may not of seen eye to eye on things but she understood the legacy that man left behind and asking anyone to step up to that would be a hugh task even for a super genius like Peter Parker. Wanda remained silent as she sat back while Peter opened the glasses to exam them when noticed text imprinted on the inside of the case. He looked to see what it read. ‘For the next Tony Stark, I trust you.’ Peter felt a tear in his eye reading that as had only one thought on his mind. ‘I'm sorry Tony... but I'm not the next iron-man'