Chapter: 10

Prague
3 Days Later.

Peter and Wanda were waiting on top of a cathedral tower over looking a carnival down below keeping a eye out for and signs of the fire elemental monster. Wanda is leaning back against a wall with a look of sadness on her face while Peter is walking along the ledge of the cathedral all suited up in his Spider-Man. “alright Beck me and Wanda are in position. As soon as we see something we'll let you know” Peter spoke over radio to which the only thing he got back was a quick “Rodger that” from Beck before communication was broken. Peter went to Wanda to check up on her and noticed she had a look of sadness washed over her face. “Wanda? You ok?” Peter asked walking closer to her. Wanda looked up to him and then quickly averted her gaze from him. “I'm fine...” She said then moved over to the edge of cathedral sitting down on ledge with her legs dangling over the edge. Peter may not have mind reading powers like her but he could tell something wasn't right with her. He came over and sat down beside her also dangling his legs over the edge. He pulled off his mask knowing he run the risk of someone down below seeing his face and leaking it to the media but he didn't care as right now he wanted to know that she was talking to Spider-Man, She was talking to Peter Parker. “Wanda.... what is it? It's ok you can talk to me” Peter spoke softly to her letting her know she could trust him. Wanda looked to him and for a moment found herself being lost in his brown eyes. She let out a soft sigh before looking out to the view. “It's just... what we're about to face a monster that took everything from him. I know what must be going through his head... same thing when I lost my brother and Vision...I...” Wanda couldn't speak anymore she looked down as a tear ran down her face. Peter realised why she was upset. Hearing about Beck really remained Wanda of how she lost both her brother and Vision. Peter wanted to just pull her in and hug her tightly but wasn't sure how she'd react to that so instead slowly placed a hand on her shoulder getting her attention. “I know it's hard losing loved ones believe I know but remember that they are never truly gone.... they always live on in our memories and they'll be with us...and I'm sure Beck knows that or he wouldn't be doing” Peter keeped speaking softly to her. Wanda looked to Peter as she wiped the tear from her face and formed a little smile on her face. There was something about Peter that made Wanda feel safe, feel Protected, feel like she was okay and that her past couldn't hurt her anymore and she loved it. She loved them feelings so much and deep down was wondering to herself if she was maybe in love with him? “You know I use to love the carnival when I was a kid” Peter said looking down at the carnival happing down below doing his best to change the topic to something else to take Wanda's mind off things. Wanda also looked down listening to what Peter had to say. “There's this one that comes through New York every year. My Uncle Ben would take me every time it came... truth is he maybe liked more then me and just used me as a excuse just to go not that I would complain” Peter let out a little chuckle smiling at the thought while Wanda just looked at him smiling as she found his chuckle cute. “I loved going. Like I said we went every year until he....” Peter stopped and cleared his throat not wanting to say the word that would follow “anyway it be nice to go again sometime... for old times sakes” Peter was still looking down at the carnival and Wanda looked down too. “You know... I've never been to a carnival before” Wanda spoke with a hint of her accent coming through. “Wait really?.... never been to one?” Peter’s gaze snapped straight to Wanda hearing this new information. Wanda just shock her in response. “your seriously are missing out... tell you what when the carnival comes through New York next time I'll take you... I mean... if you want to that is?” Peter nervously asked. “I'd like that Peter” Wanda smiled which caused Peter to smile. ‘god she has a beautiful smile' Peter thought. “then it's a date.. um I mean not a date date but um... i mean like um” Peter's awkward rambling was cut of by Wanda. “It's a date Peter” Wanda reassured him and smile which in Peter awkwardly returned a smile. “so.. um... how did you get the name Scarlet Witch?” Peter curiously asked since he really didn't have a clue. He knew she obviously had powers and he had heard the Avengers reference her as the Scarlet Witch during the blip but never knew where the name came from. Wanda looked out to the distance. “it was name my brother gave me... when we were kids we didn't have many shows to watch so ended up watching the same shows over and over again and the one show I always loved was Bewitched...when ever it was my turn to pick what to watch I'd always pick it even if my brother got sick of it” Wanda laughed a little just remembering it. “and then we went to bed I had this little blanket I always slept with that was a scarlet red colour.... I refused to sleep with it... all that and the fact I was younger than him lead him to given the nickname little scarlet witch... when I joined the Avengers and needed a name... that came to mind” Wanda explained then looked to Peter “So what about you....Spider-Man?” Wanda asked given Peter a curious look. “Well... I'm a man and I do whatever a spider can... plus The Human Spider doesn't have the same ring to it” Peter joked and Wanda just laughed. The two heroes soon found themselves looking at each other finding themselves lost in each others eyes when suddenly the sky around them began to light up with bright colours as fireworks were being set off. Wanda looked up with this look of wonder and joy as each firework went off while Peter just kept his gaze on her watching as she enjoyed the fireworks. Wanda slowly leaned over and rested her head on his shoulder and Peter not wanting to miss this opportunity leaned his head on top of her's as they watched the fireworks together. This would be pretty romantic if it wasn't for the fact they had a job to do here but still Peter didn't let that thought get to him and purely focused on the moment with Wanda however the good old Parker luck had something to say about it as Peter noticed smoke slowly began to come out of a fountain down in the centre of the carnival. “Wanda look!” Peter said grabbing her attention as she looked down seeing what was happing. “Beck it's here!” Peter said and not a second later the fountain exploded as a giant lava monster emerged from it. Both Peter and Wanda stood up quickly as Peter put on his mask. “You ready Scarlet Witch?” Peter asked. “Ready as I'll ever be Spider-Man” she said as she gave Peter one last quick smile before the two heroes leaped off the building ready to take on the battle that faced them.