"I'm here"

It was a cold, rainy night. Ayato and Yui were driving back to their house with their 4 year old daughter, Sakura. They had spent the day celebrating Sakura's birthday at the fair when it started raining all of a sudden.

"This is so weird," Commented Yui, looking at the weather report on her phone. "It didn't say anything about rain this morning before we left."

"It is weird, but we can't control the weather, Yui." Ayato stated. Yui sighed and turned around her her seat to look back Sakura who was sound asleep holding the teddy bear Ayato had given her after winning a game at the fair.

"Well at least she had a good day," She smiled. Ayato reached over and took Yui's hand, Giving it a small sqeeze.

"I can'r believe she's already 4." He said. Yui laughed lightly. Yui had a hard time getting pregnant with Sakura. They tried for 3 years after they got married. It was a rough journey for the both of them. Yui had 2 miscarriages during those three years. Sakura was almost a miracle. Yui remembered finding out she made it into the second trimester of the pregnancy and how happy both of them were. When the day finally came to deliver Sakura, they cried tears of joy while holding her in their arms. They both agreed it was the happiest day of their lives. Yui inhales deeply and looks over at Ayato.

"So... H-how much farther till we make it back to the house?" She asks. Ayato looked at the GPS on the dash.

"It says we have another 30 minuets till we make it back," He replies. "But with this weather it could take another hour." Yui nods.

"I just hope we make it back in time to do cake and sing happy birthday!" Yui says excitingly. Before they left, Yui had made a cake from scratch using the recipe her mother had left for her in an old cookbook she had. It was passed down for years from mother to daughter. Yui's mother had died during childbirth, but when Yui got married, her father gifted it to her per her mothers wish. Yui left it in the fridge to chill while they were out at the fair.

The drive was long and it was starting to get darker. Yui looked at the sky anxiously.

"It's looking worse out there," She noted looking up ahead. "You can barely see the roads."

"I know, I'm going a bit under the speed limit just in case." Ayato responded. They stopped at a red light. The roads seemed pretty empty besides a few passing cars going in the opposite direction. Ayato looked over at Yui and smiled.

"We'll be home soon, don't worry," He reassured. The light turned green and he started going forward. They were almost out of the intersection when a loud crash was heard and hard jolt sent the car flying to the side. The car skidded across the street and hit a pot hole and flipped the car. The car rolled over 1,2,3,4? times?? Yui didn't know. It seemed time had slowed and she felt like she was floating in water. The car finally stopped flipping and slid a few more feet before finally stopping. Yui hit her head on the window and she blacked out...

Yui couldn't remember what happened, her ears were ringing and her head felt like it had split open. She lifted her hand and touched her head, feeling something warm and sticky. She pried her eyes open, every thing seemed blurry and double. She looked around and realized the car was totaled. She undid her seat belt and opened the mangled door.