Sweet Dreams

( Yui's pov)

I woke up with a jolt. I sat up in my bed, breathing heavy.

' It was just a dream'  I thought to myself. 

I have been having the same nightmare for the past two weeks. Im running from something in the woods, and as soon as its about to catch me, i wake up.  I let out a breath of relief and fell back on my bed and closed my eyes.

" oi, stop moving around so much. " A voice next to me said. I opened my eyes and sat up once more. I looked over next to me and found a shirtless Ayato sleeping.

" A-ayato-kun? What are you doing in my bed??" I yelled as I tried to push him away. 

" Hey!!!" Ayato yelled as he hit the ground. He got up and turned towards me. 

"That hurt! Why did you push me off??" He asked completely oblivious of the situation.

" 'Why' You where in my bed! And without a shirt!!" I yelled as my face started to heat up. I turned my gaze away from him.

" Eh? Why's your face all red?" He asked as her crawled over to me and grabbed my face to look at me.

" no!" I pushed him away before I could look him in the eyes. 

" Don't look at me!" I said looking away from him.

" Why not? Why won't you let me look at you?" He asked. I was unsure but I thought I hinted a bit of sadness in his voice. 

" B-because I said so!" I told him.

" That's not a good enough reason!" He said as he grabbed me hands and pushed me down onto the bed, pining me down by my wrists. His body was on top of mine, his face was so close. Our position only made me blush more. 

" Let go of me Ayato!!" I struggled to get out of his grip but he would not budge. He squeezed my wrists. 

" No! Now tell me, why don't you want me to look at you and why wont you look at me?" He demanded.

" Ayato, please let me go!!!" 

" After you tell me!!!" 

" Why do I have to tell you??" 

" Because it hurts when you don't let me see your face!!!!" He yelled.  

We both froze. 

Ayato's face began to get red. He quickly let go of me and jumped off the bed. 

" N-n-no it't not like that!!" He stuttered waving his hands to emphasize his point. 

' He's blushing and acting shy, I've never seen him like this before. It's so adorable! '

I laughed. 

" h-hey! What are you laughing at??!?!" He yelled. 

" Nothing, its just, I've never seen you act like this before. It's cute!" I said. I felt my face heat up a little again. 

Ayato blushed more.

" Oi!! Don't call me cute!!" He yelled throwing a pillow at me. It hit me in the face and I fell back on the bed. I sat up once more and looked at Ayato. His face was still very red, he still had not put on a shirt. I never noticed it before, but, Ayato looks really good without a shirt on.

I blush.

" umm, can you please put a shirt on?" I ask shyly.

" Why?" He asks.

" Uh-um, because, Its embarrassing" I say as I look away from him once more

 I feel Ayato's gaze on me and then I hear a throaty chuckle. The bed then squeaks as he climbs back into it. He starts making his way towards me. Scared, I start to back away from him but he grabs my ankles and pulls me towards him. Soon we where in the same exact position that we where in earlier. I was under him and he was pinning my wrists above my head. 

" hehe, looks like we're back at square one, pancake!" Ayato jests.

I squirm under him. But in the end, my struggles only wear me out.

" Heh, you stopped moving around. Does that mean you've given up trying to escape?" He asks, slightly amused.

I dared not answer. I was completely exhausted. 

" Since you're not answering I'll just assume so. heh" He says as he removes his hands from my wrists and grabs me by my waist. He lifts me up and I yelp with surprise. He sets me back down with a slight thump, laying me down with my head on my pillow. 

" Wha-?" I was too surprised to finish my sentence by Ayato embracing me. His arms wrapped around my waist holding me in place. My face was burning.

" Ayato! What are you doing?!?!" I scream at him. 

" This is your punishment, so stop struggling and go to sleep." He says. 

I stop struggling and lay still. I lay still for what seems like forever, then I hear Ayato's soft snores. I turn to face him. His face is so calm and peaceful, so unlike his everyday face I'm used to seeing. I feel as if this is something that he would let only me see. I gently brush his red bangs out of his face. I stroke his cheek. He was so vulnerable. I leaned and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I pull away and look at his face once more. But instead of closed eyes, I was greeted by open ones.

" If you wanted to kiss me that badly you could have just said so." He says drawing closer to my face. 

" A-ayato? You where awake??" I ask, very surprised.

" Yup, I was faking it to see what you would do. And, to be honest, I'm surprised you kissed me. Heh, I wasn't expecting that. He chuckles and his hand brushes my cheek. 

" A-ayato?" I whisper.

" You've got guts, Yui."

And Then he kissed me, not on the cheek, but on the lips. 

When he pulled away I was redder than red. I was unable to think or speak. Ayato just laughed and pulled me closer.

" It's late, Yui. We should get some sleep." He said.

" Y- you j-just k-k-kissed me!" I stuttered. Almost unable to get the words out. 

" Yeah I did, now go to sleep!" He demanded and held me close to where my head was resting on his bare chest.  I could hear his heart beat. Thump-thump-thump. A smooth, calm rhythm.

How was he so calm? My heart was racing fast. 

After a while, my heart calmed down and drowsiness started to take over me. My eyes started to fall. 

" Sweet dreams, Yui" I heard Ayato say as I fell into slumber. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THE END-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------