⤷dialtone

friday, august eighth

    5:23 pm
    muskoka, canada

noah stereca was never one for social gatherings, if it hadn't been inferred already. ever since his elimination, embarrassingly on the third episode, he had found himself only leaving the room at nights, to get himself an extra towel, or throw his clothes in the laundry. maybe in the day time in the early mornings so he could seize himself one of those berry smoothies out by the pool, long before anyone else would have awakened. usually he would wake up later, but going out any time past 6:00 am would burn the pavement hot and scorch his feet, and noah didnt care enough to put on a pair of shoes just to take them off later.

what he was basically saying is, he would go out of his way to not be caught up in any sort of interaction. with anyone, really. sure, he and eva could share a few words over some of the dingy makeshift phones chris gave the cast, and izzy, who would usually be bothering him, was caught up in some zombie conspiracy, so she had been busying herself with that.

however, ever since geoff came back on the island, things have become increasingly more difficult.

every day, or rather, every night, geoff would hold a massive party down by the pool. they would have food, music, dancing, competitions, basically everything noah could imagine would be at a college fratboy get together.

none of that was much of a problem, though. noah was well trained in blocking out noise, thanks to his nine siblings, and enormous family which would get together every weekend.

the problem was that noah was always invited.

usually by call or text, though obviously noah had never answered. no one in the cast really sparked his interest, and parties wouldnt make him get out of the bed either.

if anything, noah thought sitting up in his room, alone, occasionally looking down to the crowds of people scattering around the lawn like ants, only to glance over at his book once he got bored, was entertaining enough already. that way, he had a choice to involve himself or not.

only when noah's phone began to ring for that night did he  roll himself over in bed, and stare at the flashing device across the giant landscape that made itself his room.

it wouldn't hurt to check his phone at least once, he thought. reading the same book over and over was getting boring.

he groggily rose upwards, feeling his blanket tie itself around his ankle like a snake and get dragged across the floor as he walked. he neared the dresser, already the cold air of the room chilling his skin and making his body hair pierce outwards.

the screen below him read just as he expected, 'incoming call from geoff.' instead of answering, noah had let the ringtone continue onwards. listening to a voicemail would be much easier.

only when the ringing ceased, and noah had checked his voicemail box, had he had realized there was not one, not two, but six messages he had to listen to.

all from geoff.

and geoff had only been here for three damn days.

sighing, noah grabbed his phone, waddled back towards his bed and collapsed atop the mattress, letting his phone collide beside him. and there, had he finally let himself play those voice messages he had been ignoring.

"uh, hey dude! it's geoff! we, like, literally havent talked at ALL on the show, haha, but me and the boys are setting up a party down outside at the pool. everyones coming! starts at 6! come over if you can!"