⤷underestimated

main characters : bridgette, eva
supporting characters : leshawna, izzy
genre : drama
word count : 2178
ship : sort of bridgeva

when bridgette first got voted off, in island, she didnt think things would be that bad.

trent was there! and he was nice. except he had hardly been out of his room to avoid katie and sadie, and whenever you tried talking to him, hed be too nervous about his relationship with gwen to talk about anything besides his worries.

courtney was also at the playa. but it wasn't like she was as nice as she was before. if she wasnt hunting harold down with a bat or a pole or the blade from the smoothie blender, she was forcing someone else to do it for her.

sadie and katie always just gossiped, beth talked about her new boyfriend, tyler was always busy drowning in the pool.

and not to mention eva.

eva.

before eva's first elimination, the two of them hardly talked. they held a mutual respect for eachothers love for sports, and even exchanged some words after confronting ezekiel together. bridgette could tell each time she would flirt with geoff that eva was peeved off from her 'showing weakness' and not focusing on the game. and bridgette, honestly, was annoyed when eva would pretend she was better than everyone when she would criticize 'feminine' things.

she had thought that eva would return for her second time with no hard feelings, but boy was she wrong.

how was bridgette expected to vote anyone off besides eva when she had thrown a bunch of her shi- oops, stuff, out of the window? and it wasnt like she brought anything to the team they didnt have. dj was strong, courtney was dedicated, duncan could fight, and bridgette could hand out hairties. and none of them had anger issues. besides, like, courtney. but regardless!

it made perfect sense, but eva still held a grudge against her and her only.

something about how she felt 'betrayed.'

which made zero sense. but she heard it from izzy, so..

and because she was conflict avoidant, usually she would stay up in her hotel room and have trent teach her guitar. she wasn't any good at it, but it was better than having to deal with eva glaring down her back the whole day.

when geoff got voted off a few weeks later, she had come outside a bit more. still distant, and geoff knew and understood this, so they kept to the side of the crowd.

when leshawna came home, things changed.

"for the love of god! i get unfairly voted off, think it can't get worse, and then you're here still scared of eva! i thought we fixed this!" leshawna groaned, swirling her smoothie around in her hand.

the two girls sat at the smoothie booth, bridgette holding an umbrella so she could avoid being in view of her rival.

"look, i'm not scared. okay? i'm just keeping to myself because i don't want us to fight again." struggling to keep hold of both her own smoothie and the umbrella handle, bridgette's hands fumbled and she spilled the smoothie into the pool, yelping as she dropped the cup. izzy swam by and handed it back to her.

"then put the umbrella down." leshawna ordered, glaring at her.

bridgette took her cup and put it on the counter, ignoring leshawna.

"i said put it down. you can't hide forever."

"yes i can. don't challenge me."

leshawna sighed, putting her head in her hands, before sitting back up again and putting a hand on bridgette's shoulder.