⤷i love you a latte

≡;- ꒰ ° ❝ i hope you don't expect a refund. ❞ ꒱

↳ ship: noco
    ↳ category: fluff/romance
        ↳ characters: cody, noah, izzy, drama bros
            ↳ word count: 1745

a/n: hello! once again dropping a oneshot here to share. i got the idea for this fic from a tumblr post, and at 11 pm last night spam texted my friend about it. they gave me a name for the oneshot and it was so cute so i decided i had to write it asap. anyways, i hope you enjoy.

i wrote this in one sitting. and, to be honest, i am not very proud of it. it seems.. rushed to me. and noah seems slightly out of character but that might just be my own projection.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"remember, i get a medium iced coffee. justin gets a caramel macchiato, and trent gets his old man boring juice." harold instructed cody.

"water is not 'old man boring juice,' jesus christ. i remember your pumpkin spice latte era." trent retorted, very guilty to the pumpkin spice latte propaganda himself.

"yes, i know." cody sighed, pulling into the drive thru of his favorite coffee shop, beans and brew.

it's a local thing. you wouldn't get it.

"our little cody's first time driving us through a drive thru. they grow up so fast!" justin taunted, pinching cody's face from the backseat.

cody finally got his license, the last of the drama brothers to do so. and, as a celebration, justin, trent, and harold were all forcing him to buy them coffee after practice.

"i will back out and drive us home." cody grumbled, wriggling free of justin's grasp and moving closer to the wheel to stay out of his range.

"this is a drive thru, you can't back out, you have to go forward. gosh, do we need to revoke your license already?" harold scoffed, earning a snicker from trent and justin.

cody groaned and banged his head on the wheel, hitting the horn in the process. he shot up in his seat, startled. a chorus of laughter erupted behind him.

"guys, shut up!" he hissed at them, pulling up to the window. the laughter gradually subsided, snickers occasionally breaking through.

a deep voice from the other side of the receiver rang out, "welcome to beans and brew, the finest coffee in ontario. you're speaking with noah. what is your order."

a stark contrast to the cheery, welcoming words, the voice on the line was deep and vacant of any and all emotion. just what a five hour shift does to a motherfucker.

"oh! uh, hi. i'd like one medium iced coffee, one small caramel macchiato, one medium water, and a large latte with sugar packets and whipped cream." cody spoke awkwardly towards the receiver, hands sweating as they gripped the wheel. he was just ordering coffee. no biggie.

he swore he heard the voice at the other end whisper something under their breath and chuckle go themselves, but it was quickly masked by an, "okay. will that be all for today."

"yes, thank you!"

"pull up to the other window."

"okay, love you, bye!"

...

what. the. fuck.

why the hell would cody even say that? this wasn't a phonecall with his god damn grandmother! a swirling, sinking feeling began to fester in his gut and he felt like submitting himself to the gods right there and then. that was better than sitting awkwardly at the drive thru voicebox, stuck with a car infront of him so he couldn't. move.