Before the Licence

"So problem child, do you have any special moves apart from punching?" This earned a snicker from Kaminari and Kirishima who were close by, only to return to their training after a quirk erasing glare.

"A-Actually sir. I think I do."

"Great, talk it with Ectoplasm because it's not my problem. I don't get paid for that." Aizawa just walked away and turned to have an overview of all of his students. He was just making sure Izuku didn't do anything reckless or stupid, like making his special move breaking all of his limbs for one final shot. That was not the idea of this exercise.

Izuku turned to his opponent, one of Ectoplasm's clone that just marveled the green haired kid. If he ever wanted to dissect the clone and understand how it worked, all he would get in return was a pile of goo as soon as he did any major incision. Quirk theory and analysis could work even better if you had precise information, something that Izuku lacked until he got friends at U.A. But enough about that, he had to show his very cool new smash move.

"So Midoriya, what is your super move?"

"Well, I sort of channel the lightning in my body and let it run freely through my body when I connect a hit, giving a sort of double punch."

"Interesting. Let's try it out, shall we?" Izuku nodded to his... teacher? Did a clone count as a teacher? Questions for later, he started approaching him, activating full cowl at fifteen percent comfortably all around his body and then punching Ectoplasm in the gut, and a split second later, a second wave of power hit the clone, making it... melt? Again, Ectoplasm and his quirks just raised a lot of questions for Izuku that he felt would be rude to ask about.

"Hm, interesting. Does this move of yours have a name?"

"Um... not really sir. But I'm guessing it'll be smash of some sort."

Ectoplasm (the one Izuku assumed was the real one) chuckled lightly, already picturing him saying some sort of american state before absolutely destroying someone's face with this super move. "Ever the fanboy I see. Would you like to improve on combat with your quirk and your super move? In fact, any other moves?"

"Yeah. I need help with kicks. I realized at camp I could use them to fight when my arms are out of commission."

"Kid... did you forget you had legs?"

"....Will you help me with combat please?"

-

"So Eraser, seems your class is lively as always."

"Nemuri, fancy seeing you here. Don't you have a class to teach."

"Free period my sleep deprived friend. Also, All Might seemed lonely, so I came with him." As Midnight finished talking, All Might opened the door while adjusting his sling on his still recovering arm. It was weird and... disheartening, to say the least. The number one pro hero, symbol of peace, is now a fraction of what he used to be, in terms of power and mass. But he would still serve his duties as a teacher, and he went directly to give his predecessor some advise.

"Augh. So much favoritism for the problem child."

"Don't act like he isn't your favourite Eraser. He surprised you on the first day with that finger move he pulled. And he is becoming less reckless and much stronger. And I will admit it, Midoriya is also my favourite."

"You too?!" 

"Of course! He is the only one who pays so much attention and shows interest and excitement in my class. The rest just don't seem to care. Plus, it's easy to get him flustered."

"I can't believe what you're saying."

"You have to admit, that out of all of your students, he is one of the ones you should be the most proud of."