Going out for a Hop

"Holy hell! Izuku, start going after her!"

"Right! Please help me out Nana." After the initial shock of realizing Miruko just blasted away, Izuku powered up with a comfortable twenty percent and began trailing behind her, with Nana providing directions whenever the rabbit hero seemed to disappear into thin air. Izuku learned two things after the first five minutes. Miruko is fast. And Miruko does not care about him in the slightest nor the villains she defeats, if the low time thugs that were completely out cold with a foot mark on their face that he came across his path was anything to go by.

And this was the afternoon for around an hour, with Izuku trying to catch up to the white blur that was going around kicking and absolutely decimating purse snatchers, pick pockets, gropers, shady looking people in alleyways, you name it. It seemed Miruko was out for blood, but Izuku wasn't hungry like the wolf. He finally caught up with her after she had sat down to eat a snack on a rooftop. He was drenched in sweat after running for so long and testing his reflexes with Nana giving him directions and him having to avoid running into people.

"You know kid, you're bad. I'm about to go at it again for another hour, and you're supposed to be in my care."

"I.... I know. And i'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry kid! I don't wanna hear that bullshit!" Miruko abruptly stood up and stomped her way up to Izuku, looking at him dead in the eye. Despite being 20 centimeters taller than her, the rabbit hero was still absolutely terrifying and intimidating, especially when she poked his chest as to further cement her statement.

"Look at me. You either catch up, or you don't. But YOU decide. And running down there isn't gonna help you. So you either think fast and work your ass off, or you just do this stamina training for the time you're with me. Sounds good to you, brat?!"

Despite her very harsh tone, Izuku registered everything she said and took it to heart. There was no room for apologies. You either do it or you don't, and Miruko would still not care unless you do something absolutely insane to impress her. She wasn't a top hero for no reason, and Izuku knew that she would easily make the top ten in the next announcement for the hero billboard chart. "Yes. I'll do my best and I will catch up!"

Rumi Usagiyama respects two things. Power and determination. And it seemed like she just decided to light a fire with a flamethrower if Izuku's shine in his eyes and complete change in demeanour was anything to go by. She smirked, now feeling even more pumped than before, and turned his back on him and slowly walking to the edge of the roof. "Let's see if you can walk the walk kid. And use that noggin of yours to try and be faster, it isn't all about power or speed."

Miruko did a few stretches and Izuku decided to use this time to power up again as to not be trailing his newest mentor from far behind. And of course, Miruko didn't even glance back at him to take the first jump into the next rooftop. He took a deep breath, and with a running start, followed behind her to that same rooftop, now already about a hop behind her.

"Hey Izuku." Nana had been with him throughout the entire way, acting as both directions and occasional moral support, sort of like a co-pilot. Izuku kept his focus on the white haired rabbit that was bouncing through the rooftops, with him now actually following her exact steps. Still, he did a slight nod to signal Nana he was listening.

"Why don't you use float? You know, the quirk we've been training ever since you got it. Ring any bells?"

"But won't that be just flying to her? Is it even fast enough to reach her like that?"

"Who said you had to only use float? Remember how it works and how it could help you. It's mostly subconscious after all." His eyes widened, feeling stupid that he literally forgot how to use float and how he can use more than one quirk at a time. He had literally been doing this while cleaning around and doing the most mundane of tasks to understand how it worked. It was literally think it and it could probably happen, just don't let it out of control.