Great Days Will Come

Soft but not extremely comfortable bed? Check.

Pillow that quickly took the shape of his head? Check.

Familiar yet somewhat strange blankets covering him up to the middle of his chest? Check.

About to panic because he remembers exactly what happened before this? Super check.

This meant that Izuku was laying down on his favourite companion, a hospital bed. But his mind was still thinking about what happened before he was transported here. He knew he had a hold of Eri, but she had passed out mid air. He knew he split Overhaul back to his regular self and broke his mask, but what the hell happened after that? Did they win? Were there any casualties? For all he knew Rock Lock was dead.

But the green haired teen knew that laying around would get him answers later than he wanted them, so he went to pull the covers off of him with his right hand only to stop midway. How he didn't realize before was a complete mystery, but his right arm was bandaged all the way up to his shoulder, while a cast encapsulated his forearm all the way up to his hand.

Sighing in what can only be a mixture of confusion and disappointment, Izuku threw his covers off with his left hand and then sat up while swinging his legs to the side to be facing the room door. He planted his feet on the cold surface and went to put on the slippers the hospital provided to traverse the hallways.

All suited up with his hospital gown and slippers, Izuku opened the door of his room and walked out. To his left, nothing but an endless and extremely white hallway and a window in the far end where he could see afternoon sun slowly setting. To his right, another hallway but with it came a very distraught looking Togata dressed in a similar fashion but for his size.

"Midoriya! Come quickly with me. We need to go!" Not one to disobey orders from his upperclassman, Izuku walked towards the blond with an urgency in his step. For Mirio, possibly the most cheery student at U.A., to sound so worried and deprived of his signature goofiness meant that something had gone wrong. Terribly so.

Still, curiosity got the better of Izuku as he trailed behind the permeation user. "What happened? Obviously something is wrong, but is it Eri? Did we fail?"

"No, Midoriya. Eri is safe in a room while she recovers from a fever. It's.... It's Sir who isn't doing too well."

Izuku nodded and kept going forwards. He had seen how the pro had gone through some severe injuries, but part of him hoped that when he separated from Overhaul that he would return to his normal, uninjured state. Either that didn't happen or Overhaul's fusion thing had some serious side effects. Whatever was ahead of them must not be pretty.

At some point, Mirio turned a sharp right and Izuku followed. The blond seemed to be moving on autopilot, but Izuku wasn't going to ask any further questions. It wasn't the moment to do so and it probably wouldn't be for a few good days. However, Izuku knew that as they approached the priority emergency rooms that things were not going to be pretty.

After another minute or so of walking, Mirio finally stopped in front of a door and looked behind him to see Izuku staring straight ahead with no intention of backing down. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, Togata opened the door and the both of them walked into a dark lit room accompanied by a faint beeping noise.

Walking further into the room, Izuku finally realized that Nighteye was not the only one waiting for them. All Might stood there by his bedside as well, his back turned to the newcomers.

Mirio walked hurriedly to stand by his mentor, but Izuku went with a much slower approach towards the depressive situation. No matter who it was, death was always a moment full of pain and sorrow for someone. Finally reaching the bedside, Izuku stayed quiet while Mirio's eyes finally started letting out some tears at the sight in front of him.