chapter nineteen.

☄▐ ICARUS GROANS, her hands flying up to pull her shirt up, revealing the pulsing black wound on her abdomen─ one that was scarily similar to Derek's wolfsbane wound when she had first met him

☄▐ ICARUS GROANS, her hands flying up to pull her shirt up, revealing the pulsing black wound on her abdomen─ one that was scarily similar to Derek's wolfsbane wound when she had first met him. Her head leaned back against her door, eyes screwing shut in pain. Her sneakers dragged up the wooden floor, pulling her legs up into an upside down V position as panic filled her lungs.

"Open the door."

Her body shuddered at the whisper hands flying up to her ears, head bent down in as tears welled into her eyes. She shook her head, a repeating plea of no no no no no no no slipping past her pale and clammy lips. Once she had left the damaged hospital, after of course, wiping the security footage and putting it on empty loop for the twenty-thirty minutes.

"Open the door."

Behind her body, the door jolted as somebody tried to force the door open. She yelped, bloodied hands shooting to the doorknob, locking it as she scrambled away, tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Go away." She begged weakly, scrambling away from door on her hands and knees

"Icarus!" The voice screamed harshly, fists slamming into the door, making it shudder against the lock

"No!" She yelled back, twisting her body around with a jerk, slamming her shoulder into her night stand, "You're not real!"

"Yes I am! Yes I am! And I'm dead because of you!" Icarus sobbed at the voice's aggression, curling into a ball in between her night stand and window, not hearing as the lock clicked open besides her

"You, you, you, you, you, you, you. You killed me. Apologize, apologize! Come on, apologize! Apologize, apologize, apologize! Apologize, Icarus! Apologize!"

Icarus pressed herself farther against the wall, head buried in between her knees, "You're not real." She whimpered, "Not real, not real, not real."

"Yes I am!" The voice roared, fists hitting the door so hard Icarus was sure it was going to crack apart before her soon enough, and he would get his revenge, "But, I'm dead now, Icarus!"

His hands hit the door with one final blow, it cracked open, splitting down the middle like the shell of a pistachio, sending bits wood splintering across the floor and flying into the air. She jumped, head sinking further between her legs.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no," The word dripped from her lips like it was a lifeline for her

"Yes, yes, yes!" The voice laughed, heavy footsteps nearing her trembling body, "Open your eyes, Icarus." The boots stopped before her, squatting in front of her, "Open your eyes."

There was a beat of silence before she slowly shook her head, "No."

Camden snarled and his decayed hand snapped out, coiling around her throat and dragging her up the wall, the toes of her shoes dragging along the floor as she gasped for air. Her tear streaked face was lit with panic now, as her hands clawed at his dead flesh, tearing chunks of it off and watching the green skin flake to the ground. She gagged, more tears flooding her eyes as she kicked her legs out. She was going to die, he was going to drag her ti the fiery pits of hell with him─