chapter twenty.

☄▐ ICARUS MCCALL woke up with her shoes taken off and blanket placed on top of her

☄▐ ICARUS MCCALL woke up with her shoes taken off and blanket placed on top of her. She hadn't remembered when she had fallen asleep, or hearing Derek leave, but there she was, waking up with a blanket and by herself. Her mind spun as it recounted the tales of last night, Derek leaving them for Peter, finding out Peter was the Alpha, beating a nurse nearly to death, coming home to nightmares and darkness, only for Derek to help her come back to reality. Last night was something that didn't make any sense, something that she couldnt quite comprehend despite the fact that it had really happened.

She blinked, sitting up, the blanket sliding off of her as the door opened and Icarus looked up, watching in surprise as Derek came into the room. He paused, meeting her surprised gaze as he closed the door behind him. In his hands he held a plate of cooked food and cup of coffee, and she realized he had stayed, he had only gone off to go make breakfast for her. In her stomach, something stirred and she pushed her blanket off of her, turning to place her sock covered feet on the floor, a hand running through her hair.

"Morning." Her voice was rocky, the last remaining evidence of sleep

"Hey," Derek greets softly setting the plate on her dresser, holding the coffee out to her, "Nobody's home, so no need to worry about anybody seeing me. I took August and Boston on a walk, figured you'd be too tired, I also called your work and told them you wouldn't make it in today on account of you not feeling well. Oh, and I grabbed the mail off the porch it's on the kitchen table. Your phone buzzed a few times but I didn't want to invade your privacy. Also I hope you don't mind that I cooked, figured you need something to eat to help you feel a little better." Derek rattled off, "I checked your gash and it's healed well, there a little scar kind of, but it was fading pretty quickly."

Icarus blinked at him, taking the blue mug from his hand, "You stayed." Was her only response to him, bringing the cup to her lips

The werewolf smiled a little, leaning back against the dresser, "That's not a problem, is it?"

She shakes her head, drinking part of the coffee, "No."

"What happened, snippy, I thought talking was your favorite thing." He teased

"Bitch." She rolls her eyes

"Jerk."

Icarus smiled at him a little before looking down at the coffee, "I didn't think you were gonna stay."

"I figured you didn't wanna be alone when you woke up, just in case, you know..." He trailed off and she nodded

Her eyes moved to the plate, "So you cook?"

"Oh, yeah." He says, grabbing the plate and handing it to her with a smile, "Not sure what you liked, so I made a lot."

"Thanks, Derek... I appreciate it─ and you'll never hear that again, so shut up." She sputtered, pushing her fork into the eggs he had scrambled, shoving them into her mouth, her eyes widened, "Holy shit. These are the best eggs ever."