chapter twenty-two.

☄▐

☄▐

WHEN ICARUS opened her eyes, the last thing she expected to see was her brother hovering over her with wide, worried eyes. She jerked away I'm surprise, gasping slightly as her head hit the hard surface she was lying on top of.

"Jesus." She muttered, sitting up and blinking at her brother, "Personal space much, Scott?"

"Sorry." He exclaimed, jumping back and grabbing her hands to help her off of the table, "I was worried about you."

She chuckled lightly, "Really? I couldn't tell." She teased him

"You were out for a while. Deaton was nice enough to let me stay here until you woke up. He brought us here after what happened at the Hale house." Scott explained, handing her a bottle of water off a nearby table, "He went to grab you some trail mix, the water and that should help you feel more at ease."

Icarus smiled at him, gladly taking the bottle from his hands, "Thanks."

Scott rocked on his heels awkwardly, "There's something I want to talk to you about." He said, "When Derek said the thing about you not being Jackson and I's mom after you pushed him back... your face changed, it looked like my mine when I'm transformed."

Icarus stared at him, "Scott... How hard did you hit your head?" She asked in worry, reaching out and rubbing his arm

"No, Icky, I'm serious." He stuttered at her, eyes wide, "You had blue eyes like Derek, and your face was wolfish, like you were transforming."

His sister blinked at him, "When we leave, I'm gonna take you to the hospital─"

"Icarus, listen to me. You're not human. You're a werewolf. I think Peter bit you when you were in the hospital. I had seen you before you magical recovery, okay? You were bruised and bloody and broken and then you weren't. That doesn't just happen, it wasn't a miracle. You were going to die and I think Peter saved you. He thinks you're his friend." Scott explained, "You weren't gonna make it, everyone was getting ready to say their goodbyes. The doctors told mom that you were on thin ice, they didn't know if you were going to make it through the night and most of them thought you wouldn't. That's how bad it was and then suddenly you're awake. You're healed, no broken bones or bruises or scrapes, there wasn't even a scratch. After Peter bit me, my asthma disappeared, magically─ just like your injuries."

She shook her head, "Scott, that's not possible. I'm not a damn werewolf, I'm not. There's no way, okay?" Icarus ran a hand through her hair, "It's not possible."

As she finished her sentence, Alan Deaton stepped into the room, holding out a pack of trail mix for her to take, "Welcome to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?" He asked her warmly