chapter five.

☄▐ AFTER ALMOST a week of avoiding Barry and his coffee date, he had finally caught up to her, demanding she go get with him now or he would throw her over his shoulder

☄▐ AFTER ALMOST a week of avoiding Barry and his coffee date, he had finally caught up to her, demanding she go get with him now or he would throw her over his shoulder. He knew that Scott wasn't going to be home and neither was her mother, and the last thing she needed was to be alone.

The older McCall sat on her front porch with her chin in the palm of her hand as she waited for Barry to arrive, trying her best to restrain herself. Icarus -- who really really didn't want to talk about her problems -- was less than excited about this. Sure, she loved Barry, he was her best friend! But she wasn't ready to have this conversation with him.

As his car rolled to a stop in front of her house, Icarus froze, her eyes wide as she stared across the road and into the blank ones of Camdyn Lahey. His hand raised up and he pointed at her, blood dripping of the tip of it, as he opened his mouth, but the honk of Barry's horn stopped him and brought Icarus' attention to the car.

She stood up, stumbling towards the car and pulled open the door as she fell into the seat and decided to cut to the chase, "I don't want to talk about what happened when I was gone, I dont want to talk about what I saw or what I had to do. I'm not ready."

Barry looked at her and smiled, "Do you want Thai or Indian?"

She let a breah of relief, leaning back in her chair as she wound her seat belt around herself, "Thai."

"Good choice." He nods and starts the car, "Also, I have so much to tell you."

"Oh, yeah? Like what?" She asks with a smile, ignoring the murky feeling that was bleeding into her stomach

"Well, for one, I'm kind of with someone."

"Holy Shit!" She screamed, grabbing onto his shoulder, "To who?!"

"Iris Reyez."

"Fuck man, you're dating the Iris Reyez,  queen of the fucking school!" She asks with wide eyes and a smile, "For how long?"

"Almost two years in a few weeks." Barry grins, clearly happy, "I would have told you sooner -- "

"No, no, no. I'm happy you told me now, keeps my mind busy." She smiles, "Dude, Iris Reyez."

"I know, I know."

"Iris Reyez!"

"I know!"

☄▐

☄▐ THE NIGHT with Barry had been everything she had needed, getting her home at an ungodly hour of the early morning, startling her mother awake; who had been asleep on the couch, still in her blue scrubs. Melissa groaned, making her daughter find her dark form curled up in the couch. Icarus shrugged out of her jacket and walked into the living room, crouching in front of her mother,

"Hey, momma bear. What're ya doin'?" She asks softly, brushing hair out of her own face

"Oh, I -- I fell asleep." Melissa yawned, checking the watch on her right wrist, "Did you just get home?"

"Yeah," Icarus nods, "I was with Barry."

Her mother nods and sits up, tiredly rubbing her eyes, "I think I'm going to bed. Are you gonna be awake a little longer?"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna grab some water and get ready for bed."

"Okay, sweetheart. Did you have a good time tonight?" Melissa asks with a smile

Her daughter smiles back, "Yeah, it was nice catching up with him."

"Okay," She stands up and brushes her hair out her eyes, "Don't stay up too much longer. You have work tomorrow." She advises, placing a kiss on her forehead, "Love you."

Icarus hums in response as her mother saddles tiredly out of the room and up the stairs, leaving her oldest child alone in the living room. She smiles and walked out of the room as well and into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. Her eyes didn't care dart to the reflection coming off of the window and opened the fridge door, ignoring the presence of him behind her.

"Not tonight, please." She begged, her eyes studying the clear water in the bottle between her hands, "Not tonight."

Icarus stood up and turned around to find empty air behind her, but the stale scent of blood hits her nose. She licks her lips and swallows, "Thank you." She whispers and closes her eyes, "Thank you."

She smiles sadly and walks away from the kitchen, up the stairs, towards her room. Camdyn had always been with her, he was older though, but they got along well. They both grew up in Beacon Hills, their brothers the same age, but before they had left neither of them had spoken before until the academy; where they grew extremely close.

They were as close to each other as a brother and sister would be, and thats what they considered each other to be -- family. When he died it felt like the world had stopped spinning, that the rug had been pulled from her feet and sent her back on her butt. Icarus had built a home in Camdyn, expecting him to stay forever, but that's the thing about people... they weren't made to homes.

Icarus sighed, tiredly rubbing her eyes as she sat down on her bed, exhaustion slipping into her body as she yawned. She tugged off her shoes and tossed them somewhere onto the floor carelessly before she undid her jeans and slipped out of them, letting them fall into a heap on the ground whilst she yawned.

Pulling her hair into a sloppy bun, she lied down and tossed her blankets over her and stared up at her ceiling. Barry had given her exactly what she needed, a distraction. Icarus smiled, curling onto her side and closing her eyes, she needed some well deserved sleep.

Hi, i know this was a rather short chapter but I couldn't find a way to fill the gaps so this is as long as it would get. Another chapter is coming! Thank you all for reading! ❤❤❤❤

x. Bea