Questions (JapDub Yami x Reader)

Japanese Dub Yami x Reader

        Yuugi noticed his other half had been quiet recently. While Yami wasn’t the chattiest, he was rarely this quiet. Yuugi could tell he was thinking deeply about something, though he didn’t know what as his other half was blocking his thoughts. Yuugi began to worry. Sitting on his bed, his homework finally finished, he asked in his mind, ‘Mou hitori no boku?’ There was silence. For a moment Yuugi thought he wouldn’t answer, but the spirit appeared before him. Although they could talk fine through their mind link, Yuugi liked talking to Yami face to face.

        “What is it, aibou?” Yami asked, sitting next to him on the bed.

        “Well, you’ve been really quiet lately and I was just wondering if something was wrong?” Yami gave a small smile and chuckled to himself. Of course Yuugi would worry about him, it was in his nature after all. He shook his head.

        “It’s nothing, aibou. Don’t worry.” Yuugi looked doubtful.

        “It’s not nothing if you’ve been thinking about it so much.” His eyes softened. “You can tell me, you know. Maybe I could help?” Yami smiled. He really couldn’t keep much from Yuugi. He sighed and leaned over, his chin resting on his hands, his elbows on his knees.

        “It’s… a person.” That sparked Yuugi’s interest.

        “A person?” Yami nodded. “Well, what about this person?”

        “I…” He was hesitant, but Yuugi was patient and waited. “I can’t stop thinking about them.”

        “What do you mean? Did this person do something wrong?” Yami shook his head.

        “What about them makes you think?”

        “Everything, nothing…” Yuugi’s eyebrows furrowed.

        “What do you mean?”

        “Nothing that seems important, but everything about them.”

        “Like what?” Yami sighed and shifted.

        “Like little, irrelevant things.” Something clicked in Yuugi’s mind and he smiled.

        “You’re in love.” Yami’s head shot up and turned to him in surprise. His lighter half only smiled more. “Who?” Yami looked away, but Yuugi persisted. He moved closer and put a hand on the spirit’s leg. Yami looked at him. Yuugi smiled encouragingly. The spirit sighed and looked down.

        “Y/n,” he said softly. You had just moved from (Home Country) with (Your Guardian), who had gotten a promotion and job transfer. Moving to a new country was difficult, but luckily your were fluent in speaking and completely literate in Japanese. The culture change was a bit different, but you were open minded. Plus, there were manga stores everywhere! You didn’t need to order online anymore! It was great! But what really made Domino City your home was when you met Yuugi and the gang.

        It was quite the first impression you had made. For one, you wore the boy’s uniform, outright refusing to wear the short skirt with colors that made you look like a fruit bowl. After a little speech with the principal with solid points and was well worded, politeness, and a promise to keep your grades up, you were allowed to do so. So imagine the looks you got when you walked into class wearing the dark blue uniform. You didn’t mind, you liked the outfit. The high collar of the jacket made you feel like a badass protagonist in an action movie. Besides, pants were comfortable.