Chapter 1 : hey.

Asuna POV

I woke up, the sun burning my face through my window.

Every god damn morning..

I let out a loud groan while I rolled over, reaching to my nightstand to check the date and time.

January 21st 2026.
11:00am

Hm.. I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to do something today.

I sat up, walked to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face then re-entered my bedroom, making four with the two grossly packed suitcases on my floor.

My eyes shot open as I realized what today was.

I finally go back home!

I get to see him again..

I squealed excitedly while picking an outfit to wear to meet my friends at the airport.

Airport!

I'm supposed to be at the airport!

My flight is at 1:00pm!!!

Did I seriously forget to set an alarm?!

I rushed to shower and change to make my way to there.

Kirito finished college before me but I did a few extra courses that made me stay another two years.

He was going to continue living with me but because of his certifications, my dad offered him a job at his office back home. Kirito being Kirito was going to turn it down to stay with me but obviously I was against it. I wasn't letting him put his life on hault for me.

Anywho~ we didn't let that break us up so we've been long distance for a while but I'm finally getting to see him again..

And what has me even more existed is the fact that isn't the only reason I'm returning.

My best friend is getting married !

——

After hustling to get ready, I doubled over to make sure I had everything I needed.

We rented the apartment fully furnished so it's only my personal items.

Same time, a text came through, lighting up my phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby❤️
Have a safe flight gorgeous.
I'll be waiting for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I held my phone to my heart and smiled sweetly before responding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me
I'll see you then :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't have much time to soak up in my feelings and roll around in excitement.

After double checking that I had everything, my eyes slowly moved toward my two.. really big suitcases that laid on my floor.