Oh, No Yes I Know

A song was requested, but I couldn't find it. I did find this one and fits. At least I think so 🤔

Cookie

I knew I wasn't gonna get any real praise or appreciation. Even him taking responsibility for his part at this point would've been a win.

What I just assumed would happen was him keeping his mouth shut. That's how he's been reacting so far. Guess I knew it wouldn't have lasted much longer.

As much as he apologizes, Lucious only cares about himself and how he feels.
Fuck everybody else and double fuck me. That's ok, I got one for him though.

I pulled my phone out and called my baby. Try me if you want to Lucious Lyon. Try me if you wanna.

"Yea?" Hakeem answered like he that important. I guess he is these days.

"Boy, that's how you answer when you're mama calls?" I'm sure I scared him, but he'll get over it when I tell him what I want.

"Oh, ma.. I didn't.." he tried, but I didn't really care. I'm terrible and I'm pretty sure I don't care right now.

"Boy, hush I need your skills and a booth." A plan is cooking up in my head.

"Sure, ma I got you. Are sure you wanna do this, after what dad.." My sweet boy asked.

I wasn't at all thrown off. I got one for that yellow gila monster.

"Don't worry baby, mama got this. Your daddy's just having his temper tantrum right now." I probably shouldn't involve him in this, but Lucious can't really hurt him. Not with me on the outside I'm home now, bitch.

"Ok, meet me in the basement." Hakeem said quickly.

"Base... What the hell you tryna do?" I was nearly yelling. Glad no one was around for that.

"Ma, we got a booth down there as a backup when we're at capacity." He assured.

"Hm, my baby sound smart an' shit." I tried to joke with him realizing how stupid it actually sounded.

"Ma, I'll see you down there." He rushed off the phone. Hm, I guess it worked 'cause he sound like a little girl. My baby, I love him.

Lucious don't know what he started.

HAKEEM

Cookie Lyon coming home really threw me. I really didn't expect to ever really meet her in person.

If what Mal and Dre told me about her, Cookie was a die- hard thug. Yes, my mama's a thug. I was kinda excited to maybe meet her in prison, but my daddy never gave me the chance. I used to dream about what she was like.

Meeting her now knowing what happened to her and how she pours her heart into her music...

It's amazing that she still tries to be a parent to me. Even if it's just cussing me out. I have needed my mom and I'm excited to have her now for everything I missed out on growing up with Lucious Lyon and his hoe of the week.

I better not even go down that lane and finish this beat I have an idea for. Don't know if I'll use it or maybe Mal or mom might want it.

... "You busy?" Mal asked as he popped his head in.

"Naw, just getting this beat down." I said as I started the replay.

"You getting real good with them beats." He said as he sat down.

"What's up, what you doing down here? I gotta thing with mama." I said hoping he'd get it and leave. Not that lucky.

"I saw you come down here and thought that you could work your magic with this song." He said, kinda begging.

"Ain't this the song with Kitty?" I asked and his face said something else. He's not as excited as he was before.

"She wanted more than the deal and I wasn't doing it."

"What she wanted, more money?" I asked. These old artists and going broke...
Not Lucious though.

"No, he a Lyon. You know what she want." Mama said as she came in the door.

"Seriously? You're gay." I was truly confused why girls think that he needs their help. I'm sure if you got a dick with those titties he might... Ew, no!

"Don't worry, mama gotchu. I showed that old hoe the door and reminded her that her contract was up.

"That's cold ma, what she say?" I continue to be shocked by this woman.

"Well, her old ass shouldn't fuck with my baby."
She said it like.. it was just common sense or sum'.

"Yes, mama Lyon!" I playfully punched her shoulder. Bad idea.

"Boy! I will beat-t yo ass in here today. Play wit it." She turned her rachet up a few.

"Sorry, mama! I was just playing. I was playin'." I never apologized so quick.

"Chill out Keem. You about to get the Cookie ass whoopin' you ain't never had." Jamal tried, but mama was pissedt, with a t.

"Let's do this damn song." Yep, she still mad from earlier with dad. Then Kitty didn't make it no better for her mood. Maybe singing will help her.

"If you have a beat, don't start it yet. Let me sing the first verse." She said as she pulled her notebook out.
I just nodded and sat down to listen.

Without Me

Really gon' make me, me
Expose you for exactly what you are, you are

And I'm feeling a little wavy
So right now I don't mind pulling your card, yeah

And as hard as you try
To hide reality, why
We know the truth
(So act brand new if you want to)

[Chorus]
But what would you be without me?
Where would you be without me?
So what you blowing up just a little
They knowing you a little
Don't give a finger in the middle
Cause little nigga you will never be without me
Where would you be without me?
So what you blowing up just a little
They knowing you a little
Don't give a finger in the middle
Cause little nigga you will never be

"My shit, Mal. That's some real nigga shit." I couldn't believe it. The real Cookie Lyon just entered the room.

"Keem, I just found who's replacing Kitty. You think she'll do it?" Mal asked staring at mom writing in her book.

I got her attention and hoped she'd work with me on this beat.

"Ma I got a beat, but I need the rest of the song."

"I made some changes and I think I'll need Andre for it."
She said writing in her book some more.

This is gonna be a long day..

AN: Verse, Without Me by: Fantasia. Next chapter will have the whole song. Definitely bringing Andre down to the basement and I think that's it. Lucious' funky attitude got him stuck upstairs.