Chapter 4

Jirayia and Tsunade were staring in disbelief.

From Naruto's little hand, which was pressed in the centre of the circular seal, five black lines extended towards the kanji for their respective elements.

What had stunned the two sannin however was the meaning of those lines: the four that went towards Wind, Earth, Lightning, and Water stopped just below their kanji, indicating an affinity for those elements, while the one towards Fire went way over its kanji, which started to glow red.

"Jirayia, are you sure you haven't messed up?"

"No... I'll be damned, I thought that only a Rin'negan wielder could have an affinity for all the elements."

"What about the Fire? I've never even heard of something like that happening." Tsunade asked worriedly.

"Neither I did. It must be the strongest affinity ever that has ever existed, if we can call it such. It's probably more like he has control over that element on a level that shouldn't be humanly possible."

"What do you mean with 'control over that element'?" The toad sannin assumed a thoughtful expression and took a minute before answering

"Well, it's just a theory but if I'm right... Ah! Here's a simple test"

Jirayia stood up and went to rummage through his backpack, closely followed by Tsunade who was carrying Naruto.

Finally he found a match and lit it.

Tsunade was starting to think he lost it, what did he need a match for?

She was going to voice her thoughts when he took Naruto's hand and put it over the fire.

What happened next explained fairly well what Jirayia meant. Instead of burning the child, the fire caressed his skin flowing around it like water or wind without harming him.

The two legenday nin were pulled out of their stupor from Shizune who re-entered from the door that moment.

"Tsunade-sama, I'm back, I... Naru-chan, what are you doing up? What's going on?"

The blond medic turned towards her and put the red eyed child in her arms.

"Shizune, put him in bed, I must have a word with my soon to be deceased teammate."

Jirayia was thinking about the implications of the boy's power and failed to notice his impeding doom, "Hmm? What do you meaaaaaw!"

He yelled in pain when Tsunade dragged him outside by his ear.

"Wait a second hime, what have I done now?"

"What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? YOU SAY YOU HAVE A FUCKING THEORY AND YOU PUT A DAMNED LIGHTED MATCH UNDER MY SON'S HAND? WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU WERE WRONG, YOU USELESS LITTLE WASTE OF SPACE?"

Unluckily for the white haired sannin, Tsunade wasn't just screaming, she was beating him.

And Tsunade wasn't known across the elemental countries only for her gambling, her skills as a medic or her bad temper.

She was also known for her freaking inhuman strength.

"Ouch! Careful!"

"I know, no need to worry Jirayia-sama." Shizune answered while treating his wounds.

The toad sannin had multiple fractures, numerous bruises, and a broken nose that had more or less saved his life.

As soon as Tsunade's punch had connected with his face, in fact, the blood coming from it had stopped her from killing him in her righteous-motherly-fury-induced state.