Chapter 6

The month before the start of the academy was a peaceful one. Tsunade stayed in the cottage, refusing to step foot in the village for the time being, leaving Shizune with the responsibility of buying groceries and whatever else they needed.

Sometimes Naruto would go with her, or just wander through the village.

He was happy, for the first time they were in a place where he could go around alone.

He liked not only the village, but their new house too. It was like being in a forest, surrounded by trees. It was awesome!

He looked at the clock and went in the kitchen.

Shizune was there cooking breakfast humming quietly to herself.

"Mornin' nee-chan, wha' ya doin'?"

"Good morning Naruto-kun, I'm making breakfast. Are you nervous for your first day of school?"

"Mmmh, nope!"

She chuckled at his antics, it seemed nothing could scare him. "Well why don't you go and wake up your mother? After all she must accompany you to school."

He nodded and ran into Tsunade's bedroom, then woke up his kaa-san in the way every excited child would. He jumped on the bed screaming.

"Get up mom, we have to go to school!"

"Ok, ok, I'm up."

"Kaaaa-saaan, you're still sleeping. Come on, Shizu-nee-chan said you have to come with me to school."

Naruto whined while pulling Tsunade's clothes and sheets. To tell the truth, the blond sannin was already awake but she just loved seeing him try to drag her out of her bed. He was so cute pouting like that.

There was that, and then there was the fact that she really didn't want to see all the clan heads that were sure to be at school to accompany their children.

From what Minato had told Shizune this year was full of clan heirs: Inuzuka, Akimichi, Nara, Aburame, Yamanaka, even the Hyuuga heiress and the last Uchiha. Really, what were the odds?

Finally, when it seemed that Naruto was going to lift and turn over the bed, she gave in and got up.

After all if there were so many important families it wouldn't be right for the heir of the shodaime's clan to be late.

After breakfast Shizune said something about needing to go at the hokage's tower to see if she could be reinstated as a Konoha's medic nin and work at the hospital, leaving Tsunade alone with her son.

Unfortunatly, the slug sannin was still in a bad mood about meeting the clan heads, especially knowing that they'll call her to a council meeting as soon as they'll see her. ''I swear, if someone with a daughter as much as looks funny at him I'll make sure it's the last thing they do. I hate politics.''

They had just left their home when Tsunade had a sudden thought, "Naru-chan, you go ahead, I'll catch up later. Don't worry it's a matter of minutes, ok? Good boy." She ruffled his hair and looked at him running towards the village to go to the academy. Like Nawaki did.

She shook her head and left towards the memorial stone.

It was time to think about the future, she knew it, but that didn't mean she had to forget the past.

Naruto couldn't help but smile while running through the village.

There were so many people, so many ninja! He still found it incredible how they all lived together in the same village like a big family and helping each other.

And it wasn't just the weak that stuck together to defend themselves, on the contrary, the stronger ones were even more devoted.

Like the blond guy, the hokage, and the old man with the pipe.