Chapter 3

"I was never afraid of death just of being forgotten. Humankind has been around for what- 200,00 years- but the people we study, admire, remember are so few compared to those who have lived. I want to inspire people now and in the future, for them to say, "Harry Potter really was amazing, could you imagine our lives without him?" I want to be in fairy tales we read to little kids, the sole figure in a project done by teens at Hogwarts, I want to be someone who workers look at every day to get motivation and to get back on their feet. I don't want to have lived this life for nothing. Life is a blessing. And I want to make the most of it."

Hadrian spent quite some time admiring the silky golden threads of magic woven into the invisibility cloak, a part of his Master of Death powers was Mage Sight. After staring at the cloak for the better half of an hour, Hadrian yanked it over his head causing his figure to disappear like a seashell getting swept away by the retreating wave. Tucking the stone safely into a pocket in the cloak, Hadrian took the Elder Wand in hand and obliviated himself from everyone's memories in the orphanage. He isn't going to live in this run-down shack anymore.

The possessions he had here were scarce so there wasn't much to pack up other than a few dirty crumpled up shirts and washed-out faded blue jeans- which he'd thrown away as soon as he saw. He made a mental note to go shopping for robes at Diagon.

Scurrying out of the dirty room full of spider webs, creaky floorboards, and a beat-up mattress, Hadrian made his way down the filthy stairs before finally reaching the bottom floor then going over to the cheap wooden door. Taking a final look at his old living area, Hadrian twists the doorknob and throws the orphanage door open. The gusts of wind kiss his cheeks, welcoming him like an old friend would, with a hug, before it continues on its way. The sunbeams smiled down on him like a loving mother watching her child finally reach independence. Hadrian felt free.

Taking out his wand, Hadrian calls the Knight Bus and, after paying for the fees and a cup of hot chocolate, he makes his way down the aisle before finding an empty bed and settles down. He then grips the frame tight so he doesn't get flung around. The Knight Bus squeezed its way through cars, flew over trucks, and even went underground at one point to go through the subway. Finally, after dropping many other patrons off, the bus reached the old musty shack with small letters spelling, "The Leaky Cauldron" above the doorway.

Thanking Stan, Hadrian makes his way inside the bar before going to the back and tapping the bricks needed to gain access to Diagon Alley. The brick wall pulled apart, like a curtain opening up to the first act in a play. Fitting for this was Hadrian's first introduction to the magical world, and so his first scene in this society. Although he seems like a minor character, (for what can a nine-year-old do?) he is a crucial piece to this game of chess and will throw both of the masterminds off track, causing them to rethink their entire strategy.

Cackling softly at the chaos he was going to cause, Hadrian blended into the dark shadows on the edges of the alley before reaching the grand Gringotts building. The imposing marbled building had two grand poles which swirled on either side of the doorway. Bronze highlights added an elegant feel to the ivory structure. Before he entered, the poem engraved on the side of the door caught his eye.

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn,

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

The warning made him shiver as remembrances from his dragon escapade came to mind, The goblins never did forgive him, but he never had the time to beg for mercy either because, by then, he'd been betrayed and thrown into the depressing prison facility. Gritting his teeth at the memory of the traitorous brats, Hadrian realized he was procrastinating, and took a deep breath in. Smoothing out his features into an emotionless mask no normal nine-year-old can perfect, he took a deep breath in and strode inside. Head held high, eyes dismissive, with a tilt of his lips, he looked the perfect pureblood heir. Bodies automatically parted and he reached the bank teller he remembered from his previous life.

"What can I do for you?" the petite creature asked while sorting through the money on his desk.

"Ah, Griphook, I'm here for an inheritance test," Hadrian replied. The goblin's head shot up at the casual use of his name before narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

"Why, exactly,  would someone as young as you with beaten down clothing need an inheritance test of all things?"

Hadrian let a bit of his Death Magic out and repeated himself, this time, with more venom in his tone. "Let's try that again, I need an inheritance test."

Shivering from the coldness of Death, Griphook realized this was no normal child and bowed down to the young heir before agreeing. Griphook led the way through passages that looked centuries old as they turned left then right then straight before, finally, they'd reached an elegant door which had Gobbledegook (the goblin language) on the mahogany slab. Once they'd entered, Griphook reached for the enchanted paper and a dagger. "Prick your finger then let seven drops of blood fall onto the piece of paper."

Hadrian did so, and afterward, cleaned the dagger, not noticing the shock on the goblin's face from such common courtesy. While Griphook was staring open-mouthed, Hadrian made a grab for the paper.

Current Name: Hadrian Potter-Black

Previous Name: Harrison Potter

Age: 9- allowed to get emancipated because of previous life

Parents: Orion Black and Fleamont Potter

Heirships

Black- Paternal

Potter- Paternal

Peverell- bestowed by Death- can claim lord

Morte- bestowed by Death- can claim lord

Emrys- bestowed by Fate can claim lord

Titles

Master of Death

Fate's Toy

Must claim lordships for access to property and money

Although Hadrian already knew most of the information on the page, it still caught him by surprise. Perhaps the funniest part to him was the title of Fate's toy. The irony of that statement made him think back on his old adventures where every year he'd been faced off by a different creature.

In the first, it was a Cerberus and a troll. Then, in the second year, a basilisk. In the third year, dementor, then dragons in fourth. In his fifth year, he had to deal with the toad, Umbridge, and in sixth and seventh he dealt with the Horcruxes Voldemort had created. And although grateful for the title of Emrys, Hadrian couldn't help but worry about what Fate had in store for his future.