Chapter 6

"'Cause we're the masters of our own fate

We're the captains of our own souls"

-Lust for Life -Lana del Rey and Weeknd

Black Family Manor

Sirius had been hiding in a dark corner behind one of the tall library shelves in order to not get caught by his screaming banshee of a mother who was currently trying to make him wear clothes. Pfft, no real man wears clothes. Not to mention his amazingly fit tanned perfect body must be shown to anyone in the vicinity. If a God comes down to Earth, he must grant wishes after all. Suddenly, his narcissistic train of thought squealed to a halt as an onslaught of memories came upon him.

He remembered his years of Hogwarts with the self-proclaimed Marauders, his time in Azkaban because of the sniveling traitorous rat, and even remembered his Death from his oh-so-sweet cousin. But he got other memories as well, from a different perspective. Memories of his godson. The abuse he suffered at the hands of filthy muggles the like of Vernon Dursley all because of Dumbledore. The perilous life he was put through all to die at the hands of his thought friends. After that, he saw even more until finally, the conversation with Death begging Harry to save the world popped up.

As more and more memories slaughtered him, he had started yelling, holding his head from the pain of all of the emotions. He'd failed to notice the panicked looks between his mother and father who (after clothing him of course)  levitated him through the Floo into St. Mungos to an emergency ward.

Immediately, MediWitches started rushing watching the tortured child with who they didn't know what to do. Finally, hours later, he woke up. And to his sides, he saw his parents with Reggie who had most likely been worried to death over his sudden fit. As he stretched his arms and sat up, his mother heard and got up as well.

"Sirius, oh my god! You scared all of us. What happened? Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? Do you know who I am? Oh no did you lose all your memories? It's okay if you did, I'll reteach everything. Wait, can you understand me?"

"Yes, mother I'm alright thank you."

"I'm relieved, go back to rest, the Healer will be here soon to ask you questions"

"Alright." With that Walburga gave a final, tired nod before slumping off to sleep.

That manipulative old fogger crazy idealistic idiotic hardly compassionate son of a bitch needs to suffer. Suffer till he begs of mercy at my hands. His intestines will be ripped but his heart still beating. Reputation damaged as he suffers from the loss of reproductive organs. His entire body will have new scars draining his blood out. But, when he's about to die from blood loss, I'll replenish him so he suffers once again. And the best part is I'll do it publicly so he suffers humiliation and everyone will be cheering me on as he gets torn and ripped into pieces. Sirius thinks to himself before slumping onto the pillow.

Sirius slept soundly after that.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Arcturus Black would consider his life as a blessed one. He had a fabulous pure-blooded wife with whom he had sired two children, Lucretia and Orion. Both of his children were currently living happily with their own family and after he had given up his lordship to Orion, Arcturus had a lot more time in hand. With it, he discovered a great many hobbies from different types of magic.

As of now, he was in the middle of studying a quite interesting Necromancy ritual which included the heart of virgins, intestines of children, and unwilling blood of a unicorn. Now don't worry about him becoming a murderous serial killer psychopath because he had no plans to try Death magic, for he knew what that entailed and the dangers behind it. Even so, it was an interesting book.

Suddenly, his personal Black house-elf popped in front of him telling him the current Heir to House of Black had been taken to St. Mungos on account of some sort of seizure according to the Book of Patients which many Ancient and Noble families cast charms on so they'd know if a family member was in the hospital.

Never let it be said he didn't appreciate his family, so as soon as the house-elf disappeared he went to the Floo room. Arcturus called out for St. Mungos and disappeared in a swirl of forest green light as the powder floated lightly to the bottom of the fireplace.

As soon as he landed, he quickly made his way to the receptionist who told him the way to his grandson's wing. Following instruction, he made it to the private room and cast a disillusionment charm to prevent people from seeing him- he did say he was in the Bahamas for a vacation, after all, no need for people to catch his lie.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

As soon as the door had creaked, Sirius sat upright, years of honed reflexes had him reaching for his wand to point at the intruder before he realized he didn't have a wand. Looking around in panic, he then remembered he could do wandless magic and he flicked his fingers at the intruder and casting a wordless Expelliramus. Though the light blasted in full force, no wand came towards him. He cast it again. Nothing happened.

"Homenum Revelio" Sirius chanted under his breath to make sure he wasn't dreaming of the intruder and he was alerted of a human presence by the door- thank you paranoid nerves.

"Petrificus Totalus! Finite Incantetum!" Suddenly, a frozen Arcturus Black and had an expression of surprise and disbelief at being caught. "Grandpa. I thought you were in the Bahamas. What is my favorite food?"

"The Butterbeer cupcakes with a hint of firewhiskey and crumbled pumpkin pastry on top. How you eat that I do not know."

"It really is you! What are you doing? Wait. One second." Casting a quick silent ward, Sirius turned back to his grandpa. "There, now they can't hear us. I thought you were in the Bahamas."

"Yes, the only way I can get reprieve claiming I went on vacation." Suddenly Arcturus adopted a suspicious look. "How do you know all those spells."

"Grandpa I'm going to tell you a story, but no one else can know. I'm choosing you because you're the wisest out of anyone in the family, and also know the most about obscure branches of magic."

"Okay..?" Arcturus trailed off not knowing where this conversation was going.

"But first, I can I cast a secrecy ward? It'll prevent you from sharing any of the information without my explicit permission."

"A what? Also what of your parents?"

"Please just trust me. I'll tell you everything but I need you to promise. If you disagree, I can just obliviate you and pretend this never happened"

Arcturus thought about it before realizing there really was no choice here. "Fine, do go on."

And so Sirius, after casting the ward told of his entire life story. For Harry's horrendous life, Sirius didn't go into much detail, just simply stating a friend got the duty to save the world and hence came back to this era where he gave Sirius his memories. Throughout the entire thing, Arcturus never interrupted but he did gape. When finally finished, he asked,

"Why me."

"Well of course to help," Sirius replied with a grin before realizing the extent of his exhaustion from explaining and hence crumpling onto the bed.

Arcturus left silently, his mind running a mile second thinking of plots and plans to make sure Sirius' future never happens.

did I rush this? let me know what you think! thank you for reading!!!