Chapter 20

Woo everyday was exciting, wondering how far I'd go

Having ran so mindlessly

Before I knew it, this was where I was

Yeah, hmm shadows beneath my feet

I bow my head and they grow even bigger

Even if I run away, my shadow

Which depends on that light follows me

I'm afraid, I'm terrified of flying high

No one told me

How lonely it is here

My leap can turn into a fall

I now know that sometimes running away

Is the next best thing to do, pause

The moment I fly the way I want

The shadow that grows bigger in that beaming light

Please don't let me shine

Don't let me down

Don't let me fly

I'm now afraid

-SUGA (my new bias)- Shadow

Somewhere in Germany:

A menacing tall figure paced back and forth. Mind on overdrive as the pros and cons of what had just gone down flew through her head.

Pros: Dumbledore was getting too confident in the head anyways. The other day he even argued against her direct orders. We can't have chess pieces getting a mind of their own, can we? Additionally, he seemed to be fixated on a specific few children, not paying attention to the other majority of pliable minds in Hogwarts that they needed to mold.

His media had also been terrible, and if it had gone on any further, she was sure that Light Magic would've gotten scorned at- affecting them more negatively than positive.

There was also the matter of his inappropriate behavior which was definitely not acceptable.

Even for her.

Cons: He was perhaps one of her most valuable pieces. Because of Dumbledore, the entirety of Britain was practically on a golden platter. And she doesn't know if she can get it back. He had also been a strategic mind whose plans, although sometimes farfetched, always worked.

Britain would be a lot harder to win back now. But impossible? She chuckles, nothing is impossible for her.

But, what bothers her the most was he was hers to kill. Not anyone else's. He was HER knight. HER clay. HER person. HERS. It should've been HER decision if he should've been dead. Not anyone else's. Why would anyone else get a right to what is HERS? And he is rightfully hers.

She had been the one to raise him after all.

Could it be someone who has a personal vendetta against him? She's sure there's plenty of people Dumbledore's angered over the course of his life. Powerful and not.

Or perhaps her dear sister. Is she trying to take over Hogwarts then Britain? But, she thinks, her sister would be more obvious about it. And, by now, when the competition was eliminated, she definitely would've come out. Her sister always did love rubbing her victories in her face. Not like she was any different, she did, after all, do the same in France to her lovely sister.

Whatever happened, she WILL uncover the truth.

Hogwarts:

"Okay so we have a full list of everyone in attendance in the courtroom, but none of the names look too suspicious. Obviously, there were quite a few more names than a normal trial, but what can you expect when it's the all hailed savior Dumbledore?

From what I saw in my high seat, though, Dumbledore was constantly looking at the place near the Potter's but not exactly at them. James, who was sitting in close proximity to your family?"

"The Macmillian family was right next to us and the other side had the Weasleys whom I highly doubt Dumbledore was looking at." James scrunched up his nose at the thought of the Weasleys.

"I guess we have a small spot to go off of now," Remus stated. "Who in the Macmillian family was there?"

——

Sirius and Remus lay sprawled in the misty green. Flowers of sparkling blush and butter embroidered their outline. The perfect picture of two lovers. The silhouette of two bodies connected through a single hand.

Perfect bliss as their problems vanished with the wind, migrating to other areas. Their shoulders felt lighter without the heavy burden weighing them down.

The two talked of difficult concepts, of death, of life, of meaning along with the lighter topics of colors, gossip, and animals.

Anything under the roof, the two wanted to know everything about each other.

A precious silence softly covered them, conversation coming to a halt, as they listened to nature's songs. And Sirius thinks. He thinks these are the times he'll reflect back on when his smiles turn frail, his hair crumbles, as his body deteriorates. He thinks these are the moments he lives for. The small beautiful ones. Now, all his suffering seems worth it.

——

Harry gasped as a seducing feeling of pleasure spread throughout his body. Raw power entered and he gasped through his mouth for more. The blood in his thickened vein flows faster and faster and faster. His breathing sped up until finally, FINALLY, everything slowed to a stop.

He sat in the cold silence, waiting for his beating heart to return to normal. His brain to awaken. His body to recover.

Getting a hold of himself, he gets out of bed, silently exiting the Slytherin dorms, making his way to the common room. When he gets there, he notices a lone rigid figure illuminated by the threatening flames in the fireplace. They sit upon the high-backed chair- the one reserved for the King.

As his footsteps echo, the other doesn't look up once.

What disrespect. He thought he taught the snakes better than this? Who even was this? He didn't recognize the shadow.

He clears his throat, trying to get the attention of the unknown person.

Finally, the other lifts their head, and just as Hadrian thinks he may finally be able to get a good look at the head, the fire dims, coming to a low burning. The ambiance of the room was equivalent to a horror movie.

Barely any lights. Creepy snakes. Cold room.

As his eyes adjusted, the only thing Hadrian could make of the figure was the unnaturally hollow white eyes. A deep abyss of cream lured him, but before he could fall the imposing figure spoke, the voice echoed, bouncing off the stones, entering in a swirl of energy through Hadrian's ears, eyes, and nose.

"Everyone has a time in the end. When they pass on their legacy to another. The prince stationed to the King. Even the mightiest of beings fall. The time for you is coming. Choose your throne wisely, the number of magick in mind.

Your rise has just begun."

The shadow shimmered to nothing and Hadrian was left shell-shocked.

He never did ask Death what being the Master of Death meant.

A/N- I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING- I guess I kind of lost the will to write after school started. I will try my best to get back to my normal updating schedule but no promises.

ALSO, I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG TO MAKE THIS THING!!! How many chapters/words is a decent amount? And how many more chapters would you like to see and be wiling to read?

AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!

-black_carnation