Chapter 10

"All the shine of a thousand spotlights

All the stars we steal from the night sky

Will never be enough

Never be enough

Towers of gold are still too little

These hands could hold the world but it'll

Never be enough"

Dumbledore POV:

His plans were not working out the way that they were supposed to. Everything had been planned. He'd had a huge ploy that, if pulled off, would make him so much more powerful and great.

Power. Sweet sweet power. Oh, how he craved it. Power was luscious like syrupy honey and addicting as brewed coffee. Power gave freedom. Power gives happiness. Power provides one with everything. What is life without power? And as of now, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore has a lot of power, but he needs more. There's no such thing as too much power. Some may call him a greedy moronic demon if they saw this side, the true side of him. A monster, a predator, a plague they may say. A throne of gold is not enough for him, silk suits not either, he could have vaults of wealth and knowledge that still won't be enough. Those who don't understand this were narrow-minded humans. They don't understand power. The essence of power is so precious and exquisite, the finest wine of them all. You can never have enough.

Sirius was perfect. The Black Heir, if on his side, would've given him a huge advantage with power galore. Politically, economically, so many advantages. But, it somehow got ruined. What happened to the compulsions? Not only did the ones on Sirius fail, but the ones on Walburga did as well. While lurking behind Platform 9 and three-quarters, he had seen her give Sirius a HUG. The compulsions placed would've made her disgusted with any physical affection never mind in public. Perhaps he should've known something was wrong then and there when that scene played out.

Oh, what shall he do?

And who was this Hadrian Morte-Emrys? He had never heard of this Heir before. He'd come out of seemingly nowhere. But that's not possible. An heir such as him to both the houses of Morte and Emrys news must have gotten around. Yet he clearly managed to stay under the radar. Which begs many questions.

Where has he been? Who are his parents? How does he know the Black Heir- they seemed like close friends when they'd entered the Great Hall. Most importantly. How powerful is he?

Dumbledore was determined to figure out anything he can about this new development while figuring out what went wrong. Once that happened, he could move both Hadrian and Sirius to Gryffindor where they grow up with good influences under his watchful eye.

Everything will turn alright. He'll make sure of it.

Suddenly, a bunch of owls flew in, dropping newspapers to those who had subscribed to Great Britain's gossip rag. Rarely did evening owls deliver mails, so, naturally, all student were curious as to what disrupted their first day back at Hogwarts.

An owl dropped the white and black paper in front of Dumbledore before flying off. Curious, Dumbledore unfolded it.

The Emergency Evening Prophet:

Dumbledore's Chamber of Secrets??

Dear readers,

I'm sure we all remember how Hogwarts had let out early last year, but most of us were never given a reason as to why. As the noble truth-seeker, I am, I have gone around, interviewing many sources that prefer to stay anonymous but knew about the incident. After many accounts of what went down, I can finally provide the truth to the wizarding world.

A basilisk had been released at Hogwarts.

That's right, a petrifying killing monster had been roaming around the so-called safest place in Britain.

The place that every witch and wizard in England receives an education in had somehow played house to this creature.

Over the course of the last school year, sources say approximately twenty or more students had gotten petrified by the snake. Hogwarts had sent a letter to the esteemed potion shop in Knockturn that I'm sure we all have visited at one point. The potion shop, founded two years ago provides some of the best potions and potion ingredients for the cheapest prices on the market. The letter requested many vials of Mandrake Restorative Draught at the quickest possible time. This potineer found the request to be abysmally suspicious, especially for the Scotland school, and so reported the incident to the Auror Department. The Aurors put out an investigation and managed to find the startling news.

The defense professor has been found guilty for letting the snake loose at the beginning of the year. Questioned under veritaserum, he had told the Aurors he had found the snake egg upon one of his quests and had hatched it, taking it with him to Hogwarts where he accidentally lost the slithering animal upon his arrival.

Perhaps what is the most disconcerting of this event is if it weren't for the potioneer the incident may have been swept under a rug. Dumbledore did not bother to tell the School Board or WIzengamot. The victim's families were never called. No outward signs exist showing something may have happened. It speaks of experience. This brings the question, are there any other incidents that we may not know of that have happened at the prestigious institute that the once esteemed Headmaster has drowned in the sea?

 -Ara Skeeter

For more information on the Knockturn Potion Shop turn to page 3

For more information on Dumbledore turn to page 5

For more information on Hogwarts turn to page 7

For more information on Basilisks turn to page 9

Slytherin Table:

Hadrian could see from the sparkly glint in the old man's eyes he was scheming. Suddenly, a flurry of owls flew in and he knew exactly why. Though he was excited inside, he let a calm facade show to the others as he grabbed the headliner from the foot of the owl and fed it a treat.

He watched the others' reactions, peeking through the upper edge of the paper. The expressions in the Great Hall ranged from delighted to skeptical. What perhaps surprised him the most was Lily's reaction. She seemed thrilled at the fact Dumbledore's reputation was going down. With a bit of hope, his gaze went to the Gryffindor table where James Potter was stepping on the paper, telling everyone in the vicinity the prophet was a load of bull. But, there was an almost resigned look in his eyes as if he wasn't surprised Dumbledore would even do as such. What happened there, he wondered. Perhaps the Potter heir won't be that hard to turn neutral.

A/N- I WANNA DO PRETTY AESTHETICS.... But I kinda suck at them... I'M GONNA TRY IT ANYWAY! I'll probably use the standard fan cast but if yall have any ideas you can comment on it. 

HERES WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING BUT IDK:

Lucius Malfoy: Lucky Blue Smith

Sirius Black: Ben Barnes

Olivia Greengrass: Park Shin Hye

Alisha Patel: Alia Bhatt

Evan Rosier: Matthew Noszka

Marco Zabini: Alton Mason

Rodolphous Lestrange: Marcel Ruiz

Rabastan Lestrange: IDK

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR HADRIAN EITHER AGH CAN I JUST PUT ERIC NAM BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND I WANT HIM TO STEP ALL OVER ME AND HE'S SO SEXY. 

ALSO YALLLLL ILYSM!!!! 1.3 K READS!!! YAYY :)

-black_carnation