тнe вad вegιnnιng: parт тwo

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎❝︎𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗻

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎
❝︎𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗻.❞︎
─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

𝗩𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I woke up to Count Olaf flinging the door open.

"Wake up, orphans," he shouted, "Looks like two kids got rather comfortable. Time for your chores." I blushed lightly as I realized he was talking about me and y/n. I glanced at y/n, her hair slightly on her face and her eyes fluttering open. Wait, why was I staring at her? I instantly looked away, focusing my gaze on my brother, who had a slight smirk on his face. He lifted his eyebrows at me, to which I shook my head.

Me, Klaus, Sunny, and y/n went in the backyard to chop wood.

"As soon as Count Olaf's back is turned, we need to leave. I'd rather take my chances on the streets than stay here." Klaus said seriously.

"Who knows what would happen to us in the street. Thankfully, we have a roof over our heads." I responded.

"Violet is right. Trust me. The street is dangerous and no matter how far I ran away, Count Olaf always found me." y/n expressed.

"Mr. Poe said if we had questions we could call him." I said, though my gut told me Mr. Poe wasn't much help.

"We don't have a question! It's a complaint!" Klaus replied.

"And even if we went to see him, he won't help. I've tried." y/n said while she sliced a chunk of wood.

"It is worth a try." I said positively.

"I wish we didn't have to wait till you come of age to use our parents' money," Klaus spoke sadly, "We could have a castle and live in it."

"We can bring y/n and have a large inventing studio." I added, grinning at the thought of us having our own castle.

"And a library." Klaus continued.

"And chew-able objects." Sunny babbled to which y/n laughed.

"And a place to paint or draw." y/n said while giving me another piece of wood.

"You draw?" I asked, captivated. She nodded with a smile and did her chores.

"Do you have any drawings?" I asked.

"No, the fire destroyed all of them," she replied with a sad smile and changed the subject, "Maybe we should try Mr. Poe like you suggested."

"Hurry, orphans. There is more work that needs to be done." Count Olaf announced while sipping from a teacup.