Ch. 8

2 days had passed and no one had seen Naruto. Naruto had had just enough strength left to make it by the trees on top of the cliff where the hokage were carved into the mountain side.

Naruto, this is getting ridiculous. I can't keep you alive much longer without sustenance. The whole village is concerned for your health and safety, so why not just go back?

'I can't. It's been too long, too shameful. They'll think I'm weak for giving up on my goal.' Naruto told Kurama.

No stupid, they'll think you're strong for coming back and facing your challenges instead of running away.

Naruto sighed, breathing heavily, distressed breaths. Dehydration was getting the better of him. His whole body ached, pangs of hunger rattled his fragile frame.

'Why won't I just die already?' Naruto asked himself with an air of annoyance, before passing out for the third time that day

Jiriyas pov.

'Where did that kid go?' Jiriya questioned.

'Let's see, if I were Naruto, where would I be?'

Pause

"Gahh, this is so agrivating, I have no idea where that brainless fool went."

Suddenly, there was a powerful force of Chakra, nearly everyone could sense it. It felt like the nine tails Chakra, Jiriya observed. The last time the Chakra had been released, many lives were lost in the village.

'Does that mean that Naruto...no. I can't think like that.' Jiriya told himself.

'I have to find that boy.' Jiriya began to follow the source of chakra, climbing the Cliffside quickly. Once he reached the top, he could see a bit of an orange jacket little ways away.

Within an instant, Jiriya had seized the boy and picked him up gently, making sure he was still breathing.

Oh good. Someone reasonable.

'Just barely alive.' Jiriya noted, before sqeezing Naruto's hand gently. It felt so limp, and cold, despite the warm weather. Naruto was even lighter than before, probably close to death even.

'This isn't good.' Jiriya thought. 'Just hold on a little longer.'

Careful not to hurt the boy, Jiriya leaped down from the cliffside and took him to Tsunade immediately.

"Tsunade!" Jiriya shouted once he had entered the hospital, looking both ways to find her.

"Jiriya, what have I told you about yelling in-you found him!" Tsunade gasped a sigh of relief.

"Someone get a stretcher right now!" Tsunade demanded with her boss voice.

"You." She said, pointing at a nurse nearby. "Go set up a room for immediate nutrition tube transfferal."

The nurse hurried away. A stretcher arrived, and Naruto was placed onto it pronto. Jiriya watched as Naruto was taken away to another room.

"I'll go alert the other ninja." Jiriya told Tsunade.

Jiriya just hoped that he wasn't too late. Soon after, word had gotten around that Naruto had been found. The whole village was relieved. (They liked Naruto for the most part at this point).

At the hospital

Naruto was lying unconscious on a bed, all sorts of tubes hooked up to him, along with a breathing mask, and heated blankets.

The rookie 9 had all come to visit him, after convincing Tsunade, which was easier than Sakura had suspected. The whole room was filled with sorrow and glum faces. Nobody felt much like talking, after all, it was normally Naruto that did most of the talking.

Sakura gulped, a bit terrified that Naruto had had to be strapped to the bed. 'Although he did escape fairly easily the last time...' she thought. Kakashi and Jiriya entered soon afterwards. Not long after that, Tsunade.

Tsunade looked around, doing a quick head count.

"There are way too many people in here. Out." She demanded pointing towards everyone but Sakura, Sasuke, Kakashi,  and Jiriya.

There were a few muffled complaints, but everyone knew better than to backtalk lady Tsunade.

Ha. Suckers. I'm sticking my tounge out right now, too bad none of you can tell.

Hello, author here. Comment here if you want me to do any other fics, or have story ideas. It can be from any anime/manga series, but if I don't know it I might not do it. Also I probably won't do ships. New chapter coming soon. Happy reading!