Trying to Be a Good Friend

Requested by @Andrea1456

------

"I think you shouldn't be here."

"Why?" Jungkook frowned. "I'm fine."

Yugyeom shrugged. "I might pass it on to you. You know how it is."

Jungkook shook his head. "Everything will be fine. I'm not even all that close to you. See?" He held up his arms indicating the distance between them. "Very far."

"Fine, whatever."

"I'll be safe."

"You better."

"Yep." Jungkook nodded. "It's... unfortunate that you are unable to go anywhere right now, or else we would be going somewhere together."

"Where?"

"Somewhere."

"Where?"

Jungkook laughed. "I don't know! We would've figured that out together."

Yugyeom starting laughing too. He absentmindedly scratched his arm as he did. The two had been planning on going somewhere, but Yugyeom had managed to catch himself a case of chicken pox and everything was cancelled. Instead, Jungkook invited himself over to his apartment and decided to spend time with him anyway. Yugyeom tried to stop him. After all, chicken pox was contagious and he didn't want Jungkook to get it. But, as usual, Jungkook did what he himself thought was right and didn't care what others told him to do. 

Jungkook also said he was going to take care of him, which... he was doing a good job of. It was a bit hard to stay grumpy when Jungkook was so cheerful. 

So even though Yugyeom wanted to be a bit angry, he wasn't able to be. They were lounging around in the living room of his apartment. He was sitting on the couch while Jungkook was sitting a bit further away in the armchair. 

"Well, sorry, about that." Yugyeom sighed, leaning back. He was tired. He had had a fever a week ago, but that was over. All that bothered him now was the most annoying headache ever. And now with Jungkook's talking, it seemed to be getting worse. 

"Oh no, don't worry about it," Jungkook said. "I was just saying. I'm happy to spend time with you at all times."

"Well, that's good..."

"Yeah!"

-----

Maybe four or five days after his visit with Yugyeom, Jungkook began to feel a little weird. Nothing too serious, but he was much more tired and wasn't hungry at all. He forced himself through the meals, but usually couldn't finish the whole thing. He started to get a bit worried. Had he caught chicken pox?

But no. That had to be a coincidence. He was sure that he had gotten it when he was younger. Hopefully, chicken pox didn't happen to people twice. Plus, he had maintained his distance from Yugyeom that day. Plus, wasn't there a vaccine? Had he gotten that? Had he? 

Jungkook fought to come up with excuses as to why he didn't have what he was worried about. His arguments were pretty convincing for himself, except he knew that he hadn't gotten the vaccine. The other members had, but he hadn't. Something about scheduling and work conflicts. He had been meaning to, but hadn't yet. Jungkook tried to shove those worries aside. It wasn't chicken pox. It couldn't be.

------

"Is something going on?" Jin frowned. He pressed his hand on Jungkook's forehead. "You look sick."

"I'm not," Jungkook said, shaking his head. "Just didn't get proper sleep last night."

"Oh."

"Get proper sleep," Taehyung said.