From the Very Beginning

Requested by safetoslayanotherday

warning: blood, descriptions of injury?

--------

As much as Jungkook loved to act like nothing bothered him, he was an epic failure at doing so. He got stressed easily, was emotional, and sometimes, things would just pile up until he wasn't able to function anymore. He was more prone to doing things wrong then.

When BTS announced their tour, he didn't think much of it. But as rehearsals kicked up and the pressure on them grew, then he really felt it. Jungkook couldn't do anything wrong. He was the group's center, their main vocalist, and he knew all of them were counting on him. He didn't want them to be the laughing stock of any article online.

--------

"I know that we're going to do fine," Jimin said.

They were sitting on the floor, covered in sweat. They had managed to run through one full show where everything had been finalized. The dressing rooms, entrances, and exits had been located. Jungkook was feeling a bit better. If he remembered where to go and what to do, he would be fine.

"Yeah," Jin said. "We're all doing great."

Jungkook sat among them. He sipped his water slowly. The rehearsal today had gone well. If he performed like this, everything would be okay.

"Does anyone have any questions?"

He glanced up to see a couple of staff members stop by. He didn't have any questions, neither did the others. Namjoon answered for them and the staff went on their way again. Jungkook noticed their manager standing nearby, watching them.

"Are you good, Jungkook?" Hoseok suddenly asked.

"Me?" Jungkook nodded. "I'm fine. Why?"

"You're just quiet, that's all," he said.

"Don't worry about anything," Namjoon said softly. "Even if we make mistakes, it will be fine. If you want to talk to me about anything Kook, I'm here to listen."

Jungkook nodded. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they had heard his nagging worries many times before and he certainly didn't want to bother them again. Namjoon's offer was sweet though.

"Everything's okay Jungkook, everything's okay," Yoongi chimed in. His voice was characteristically deep and smooth. He always sounded calm, no matter the occasion.

"I know."

--------

Right after his solo stage was over, Jungkook had to zip over to the left side of the stage, and dash down as quickly as he could. Yoongi's stage was next. In those five minutes, Jungkook had to change his clothes, grab a drink of water, and get into position.

It didn't help that the staircase leading down from the stage was narrow and winding. It blended right in with the dark interior of the backstage, and Jungkook often had no clue where he was setting his foot down.

His heart caught in his throat every time they practiced the transition. In his head, all he could hear was, don't fall, don't die, don't kill yourself, ahhhh.

---------

There were four days until showtime. All around him, people were running around. There was a whole crew up in the light and sound booth. They were figuring out which music to play when, what lighting was going to be used when, etc. Jungkook had been up there a few times.

They had all this cool set-up with large pinpads all over the front of the room. It was located at the very top and the back of the venue, so they could get a whole view. The crew got a printed sheet of the setlist. Within a few moments, it had been covered with notes and information.