chapter ten

Tessa's POV 

Yeah, I cried when I first got my period. Don't judge me, it was because I was scared of blood. I was having my normal netball practice when my friends told me there was something at the back of my shorts. I went to the toilet and saw a lot of blood on my pants. I told James, Taylor's another guard to pick me up and take me home.

 My mom freaked out and had to cancel her recording session because of me. Not saying Taylor Swift is the best mother but she certainly is not the worst. She knew what to be put first and I was glad. I got my period at 15, when most of my friends got it when they were 12.

After organizing myself I headed out of the bathroom. I joined my mom on the couch and she put her arms around my neck. I took a glance at her hand and noticed that the ring was gone again.

' What did you do? ' I traced a circle on where the ring was placed before.

' Threw it away ' she answered nonchalantly.

' Men used to leave me. Now I'll turn the world around and do the opposite ' Taylor continued and I could not help but to agree.

' I'll always be here for you, mom ' I said and Taylor smiled. Suddenly, she reached out her hand and gasped for air. Her arms were unhooked from my neck and she fell to the floor, knelt down. Taylor clamped her left chest side.

The heart.

' Mom? ' I shrieked and she did not say a thing but only tried to breathe.

' Mom are you alright? 'I asked, panicked. I reached for my phone with my non-expeditious hands which caused the phone to slip from my hand and fell.

' Shit ' I cursed under breath and dialed the paramedics. The operator asked stupid things which I do not remember what I answered because I was in beyond panic.

' Don't hang up and stay where you are. Tell me exactly how she's doing every second. Calm down, Miss. Calm down ' That was the only thing I heard clearly. Tears fell from my eyes and it was unstoppable.

'Mom hang in there.. ' I croaked out those words and she forced herself to look at me with her teary eyes before passing out.

' Mom! ' I shouted but her body was limp. She was not breathing either. The speaker phone was on and the operator was still there.

' What happened Miss? ' she asked,  her tone worried.

' My mom's not breathing! ' I  shouted while crying.

' Find her pulse ' the operator instructed so I did. I could not find her pulse. Not on her wrist or other places possible.

'It- It- It's not there! ' I cried.

' Miss, calm down, they're already on your doorstep. Now I need you to ride the ambulance along with your mom ' the operator said and I cried even more. The door then burst open and they picked Taylor up. They carried her downstairs then shoved her into the ambulance. I rode the ambulance with her and prayed.

Mom, please don't die.

___

' Tessa! ' Andrea called for me and I looked up. I was at the waiting bay, still weeping. She ran towards me so I stood and hugged her.

' My mom... ' I cried and she rubbed my back.

' It's gonna be alright... She'll pull this off ' Andrea calmed me down. Worry was blatant on her face but she was not crying. Andrea is a very strong woman.

A doctor then came out, his gloves still on. ' Tell me what happened ' I asked eagerly, despite my swollen and puffy eyes.

The doctor then took a deep breath. ' She had a heart attack. I'm afraid she needs a transplant. She's expected to live for a week without a new heart ' my mind was not accepting what he just said. It kept denying that fact.