chapter eighteen

Taylor's POV

Everybody screamed. I let go of Harry and quickly turned to search for Tessa. She was not in the pool. I took a deep breath and searched underwater. Not there too. My heart began to cry.

' Harry where is- ' I was pushed underwater. I tried to reach for the surface but was pushed again. My eyes went blurry. I could make out that someone was trying to help me, and he was fighting with the man who kept pushing me underwater. Both of them were struggling hard, but sadly not fast enough, because my lungs started to burn  and my oxygen tank became empty. Everything went black.

___

I woke up and realized that I was on my bed. Harry was on the couch, dozing off. His face was bruised. I sucked in air as if I had not breathe in a year. My chest hurt from breathing.

I pulled off the duvet and stood on my feet . I washed my face then walked out of the room.

Outside, there was chaos. Everybody was freaking out about something. Then I heard the words.

Where did she go?

Where is Tessa?

Is Taylor alright?

Wait I thought she was just behind Taylor??

Taylor was took out of the water just in time. Thank God she didn't die.

Tessa is missing.

The last sentence I heard was stuck in my head, getting replayed over and over. I could not process it. I did not want to. My brain rejected to believe.

I did not want it to happen all over again. The first time she was kidnapped, her virginity was taken away and she was shot. Her right leg was already scarred for life.

She is vulnerable.

She is my daughter.

' Sweetheart are you feeling better? ' my mom came out of nowhere and patted my back.

' Mom don't tell me it's going to happen again ' I bawled and she soothed me.

' It has only been an hour. She couldn't get that far. I promise you she'll be back '.

Tessa's POV

' You idiot, let me go! ' I spat to my so called father.

' You gotta see this, sweetheart. If I am an idiot yeah I would've let you go but I'm smart. My smartness helped me escape from prison, honey ' he smirked then went close to me. He tried to kiss my lips but I spat at him. He pulled backward abruptly and then slapped me.

' Tie her up ' he ordered his workers. They came near me and I kicked them both hard in their groin. They cried out in pain which got them my dad's punch as a reply.

' Be a man, dumb ass! ' he said right into their ears. They quickly got into their works and tie me up. At least I was far from my dad's touch.

My dad had two workers. One of them was busy behind my back and the other one was right in front of me, watching. I could not help but to stare into his eyes.

He was wearing a mask, but his eyes sort of gleamed. They were jade green and I could not help but to think that they were very beautiful indeed. He glanced at me, then caught my gaze. Thank goodness the lighting was bad because he would have seen me blushing.

What am I thinking? Liking a criminal?

I looked down and sighed. I wanted to be free so much.

___

I did not know where my dad brought me but as soon as we arrived, I was beaten badly. I cried out in pain and begged for them to stop but no mercy was shown.

I searched for the man with the green eyes and spotted him at the corner. He was not joining my dad's workers. As I stared into his eyes I could see hurt. He did not seem to like seeing me suffer.

I was too lost in my mind that everytime I got beaten, I could not feel it anymore. My body was going numb with all of those beating.

I was suddenly dragged back to the real world. I received a final punch right on the stomach. I groaned in pain. I clutched my stomach and I could feel blood trickling down my thighs. With my teary eyes I watched all of them laugh at me.

' How could all of you do this to me? ' I sniffed hard between sobs, crying even harder,barely bearing the pain.

' Because we could ' they laughed again then started leaving me alone. I hugged my legs close to my chest, curled up like a fetus position. I bit my nails hard that blood began to appear.

' I can't stand seeing you like this ' a person spoke up. I did all I could to face the other side and search for the voice but I was too weak.

It was the man with the green eyes. He shushed me and told me I should not make any noise or the men were going to come again. He picked me up bridal styled and carried me to who-know-where.

' Who are you? ' spoke softly. He had a good hearing because he heard that.

' Just call me Tom. I shouldn't be doing this but I can't bear seeing you treated that way. You gotta trust me. I promise you I'm going to get you out of here '.

' Now? ' I asked. He seemed guilty to reply.

' No I'm sorry but not now. I'll do everything I planned as soon as I can ' I was starving too much that his words floated like balloons in my head. I nodded slowly and passed out in his strong arms. My head felt too light,probably from the lost of blood.

Taylor's POV

' Can't you guys just do everything faster? ' I paced impatiently at the police station.

' We're doing everything we can, Ms.Swift ' an officer replied briskly.

' I'm afraid we can't find her toda- '

' Sir we got a situation. We found who kidnapped Tenessa '

I rolled my eyes to the unprofessional officer.

' Who ?' he asked.

The reporter seemed to take a deep breath. ' Blake. Tessa's dad '.

My head was spinning around, spiraling down. I wouldn't dare take another breath and because of that,I lacked of oxygen and ended up passing out.

He followed us to London?

____________________________

Guys I'm so sorry I couldn't update frequently I was too busy with exams. And I'm not done with them yet so I'm going to constantly continue writing by November. This chapter is short because you guys wanted an update so yeah. Love you,talk soon!!